Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have and in dash dvd player with back up cam function and have been lookin for a back up cam but the only one ive found that doesnt look cheesy is the edge camera! from the picks of it i can find it looks like it will work but i want to be sure before i shell the coin for it and im sure one of you guys has had experience with it, thanks guys!

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
Well I use a universal with the edge so I would say yes
keep in mind the edge is big and will block the "STATE" on your plate this is illegal and they ticket you where I live
so I used a license plate unit mounted on top of the bumper

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I use a universal with the edge so I would say yes
keep in mind the edge is big and will block the "STATE" on your plate this is illegal and they ticket you where I live
so I used a license plate unit mounted on top of the bumper
thanks zmann, if it covers the state on my plate i dont want it and the price of the edge is alot higher than most cams ive seen, so my next question is what is a good cam to use i want to be able to see good at night and it has to be able to handle the elements well? so you mounted your cam above the bumper like in the gap between the gate and bumper?

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see you even gave the cam a review seems like most are happy with it the price is right to boot im a little scetchy about it not havin night vision!

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
night vision
hasn't been an issue it does work at night with the back up lights

I would like the setup with the bars to show you distance or an 08 tailgate with camera

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ive had a Pioneer camera on my truck for 5 years now, still works flawlessly and its quite small about the size of a postage stamp ( someone has to remember what a stamp was ) and aboutthesamedepth, a small cube. Works great day or night

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
night vision
hasn't been an issue it does work at night with the back up lights

I would like the setup with the bars to show you distance or an 08 tailgate with camera
i have an 08 gate, is there a camera i can get for it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Zmann, 45$ for that camera!? Seems way too cheap.. You're happy with it though?

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
so far so good
depth perception is a little tough when backing into a trailer ball but I still like it for the price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts