Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing turbo back exhaust on my 06. How much do you gain with the "test pipe"? Does it lower Egt's significantly? Also I leave for work at 5:30am and don't want to piss off my neighbors when I leave, so does it make it much louder? Does it make a seat of the pants difference while driving? I know that's a lot of questions at once but I only want to do this once. Thanks for help

·
mmmm...beer....
418 Posts
You going stright pipe or muffler?

If you keep a muffler on, your neighbors shouldn't mind.

Do you tow? Any mods? The answer to those two questions will greatly affect what your EGTs and power is going to do.

edit: You might think about filling out your sig with what you have on the truck. Make answering these questions alot quicker and easier.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes going to run muffler. Thinking mbrp with test pipe or banks (because its quieter) and hollow cat out. Have Egr delete, head studs, batmowheel on order (stock turbo), waiting on php ficm tune. Then going with srl tune. No plans on bigger turbo or Injectors. don't tow enough to consider it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You need to delete either the muffler or cat, preferably the cat. There's no point in getting an exhaust if your just gonna keep both anyway

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have both cat and muffler deleted and I am very happy that I did. It dropped egt's a great deal, 150-200*F. They were much cheaper than a kit and the delete pipes will hold more low end than the 4" and 5" systems.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm doing 3.5" MBRP downpipe, gutted cat, and stock from there back. Later I can add cat-back if I want a different sound.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
I vote for the MBRP DownPipe and MBRP cat delete pipe. Leave the rest so you can drive it a bit. If it's too noisy then put the cat back in.

I'm straight piped and LOVE it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts