Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some UOA's with Rev-X showing high phosphorus numbers. Is Rev-X just a ZDDP additive like ZDDPlus? They seem to claim similar results, increased oil cling and polarizing the oil with similar volume of additive added. I'm tempted to try a ZDDP additive and see if it fixes my cold start issues.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nope! Rev-X is nowhere near the same formulation as the ZDDP product. Why haven't you tried Rev-X yet? You have been on dang near every forum we have ever seen for diesels. Rev-X is a formulation in its own without any of the crap that other companies put in there formulations. It IS formulated to give you (the end user) a much bigger value than what you had spent on the product. There is No other product on the market that performs at the level that Rev-X does and we know this due to testing it for the better part of 4 1/2 years to get it correct. Whether you are looking to cure cold start issues, increase the performance of your turbo, reduce the temps of your engine, increase the life of the transfercase, diffs, Etc, Etc. We have NOT seen any other products that can come close in performance. Rev-X performance oil additive has at this point been helping PowerStroke owners all over the World (not just in the United States) to realize trouble free running in some of the harshest conditions imaginable. I wonder how many other companies can claim that! Isn't about time you tried Rev-x dave? Shoot me a PM and we'll talk!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. My cold start issues aren't too terrible, and I just replaced two injectors this spring, so I'm excited to see if the cold starts will be better this winter. I have read very good reviews on Rev-X, but I just don't think I can justify an additive that will cost an additional $60 each oil change, since that's money I could put towards a new set of injectors. Maybe I'll change my mind once winter starts, who knows :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My cold start issues aren't too terrible, and I just replaced two injectors this spring, so I'm excited to see if the cold starts will be better this winter. I have read very good reviews on Rev-X, but I just don't think I can justify an additive that will cost an additional $60 each oil change, since that's money I could put towards a new set of injectors. Maybe I'll change my mind once winter starts, who knows :)
It only needs 1 bottle on the next oil changes that would be only $35. With the 6.0 needing 3 1/2 gallons of oil for a change and Synthetics costing $10 a gallon more than non. It works out to the same cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts