Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got Diesel?
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just got an 06 6.0. He went to get a 4" exhaust for it and wanted to remove the cat and straight pipe it. He didn't cause he was told by the shop exhaust shop that The computer was programed for the stock exhaust and if he would to up grade it would screw up the PCM and make the truck run worse. Is this true? I always thought that if t breaths better it runs better. Any advise would help thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
The for stealership I bought mine from said that is one of the best things to do to a 6.0. Just hollow out the cat and put it in place 1. If u don't no anyone that will let u pass inspection with out it. 2. Ford 98% of the time requires it's "there" to do warranty work

·
Got Diesel?
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I thought, and told him but I figured I would ask. Did it help your fuel mileage as well?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
On a diesel it is best to get the air in and out as quickly as possible, you dont have to have a specific A/F ratio, even though you do want enough air to clean up the fuel and lower egt's along with clean up the smoke

·
Outlaw wrench
155 Posts
I gutted the cat and cut the factory muffler off of my 03. runs a hole lot better and sounds wicked at about 2500 rpm's to 2800 or so.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
that shop is retarded and doesn't know a diesel from a golf cart.

There are ZERO sensors in the exhaust...

Back when i bought my truck i installed a full 5" straight piped exhaust, did the ccv mod, and deleted the egr without a tuner and the truck still ran fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks guys that answered my question too. Sounds like a win win since I don't have to do emissions test here.

·
Love diesel fuel
104 Posts
my rig is straight piped and sounds bad a$$! all i want now is the egr delete and stacks! got 114k on her still tickin 6.0 :ford:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe the shops make up bs stories like that so don't ask them to do it. Especially if your in an emission testing area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts