Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post to this forum. This is my second 7.3 psd and the first ever diesel I’ve purchased that has a tuner. Purchased from my childhood buddies dad. It’s an ‘02 7.3. He had a mbrp 4 inch exhaust. K&N intake, and a bully dog gt3. Yes I said a bully dog. Took off the K&N immediately and threw on a Riff Raff 6637. Usually I would steer clear from that name. But I tried it few times in performance and tow/economy mode. Gave it a little bit of power. Trans shifted fine. I don’t beat the sh*t out of my truck but I don’t baby it. He was the first owner of the truck now it has 180k. He’s had the bully dog installed for a long time. Am I doing any damage to internals using this tuner? I usually keep it off. But was noticing better performance and mileage with it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,826 Posts
welcome. most of us prefer running a chip with custom tunes from a known tune writer over the one tune fits all like bully dog, edge, and the others use.
will it do damage? usually not. but there are much better tunes out there.
the biggest downfalls of a tuner are they are not shift on the fly, they have been known to damage the auto trans, and if you try to remove it for whatever reason, they sometimes will 'brick" the PCM causing you to have to tow the truck to a dealer to have the PCM re programed.

Reactions: Jax
1 - 2 of 2 Posts