Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SilverBullet06
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought on 06, 6.0, and I want to keep it mainly stock until I have the cash to do the egr, studs, oil cooler, etc. I just bought the cat delete and muff delete pipes and are going to install soon. I want to do an air intake,but only if it is worth it without tuner mods. I am thinking the AFE stage 2. Is it worth spending the cash, or waiting until I do the necessary engine mods? Plus will an intake put my head studs in jeopardy? Your opinion is appreciated. Thanks.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
the intake is worth it IMO the stock filters are pricey,i personally would go with an s&b for the 6.0

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Defin worth it... Better than stock!

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
IMPO no diff on a 6.0l unless your making over 500 hp I put a airaid on my old 6.0 for s and gs and it made no diff

·
Registered
386 Posts
i just put in a drop in filter because it was the price of one replacement filter and will save me money in the long run

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
an aftermarket intake will make no difference until at least 500+ as stated above. With the mods I have listed it made no difference in power, just much nicer than having to replace the filter, and way less of a pain to get in and out.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
I put an after market intake on mine cause the stock ones were so expensive.......... i mean 70$ for a Fram air filter........you got to be kiddin me. I put 30K miles on the truck and the aftermarket intake has paid for itself plus some cause i seen a slight MPG increase, i say again very SLIGHT

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
IMPO No But like said above much cheaper to clean a filter then replace the high dolla stock filter I had a Elbow on my truck no diff...but the ports were nice for my boost gauge and nitrous.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
How often are you planing on replaceing the filter..I have over 60k on my 6.0 and the filter minder hasen't moved yet I've checked its still looks great and I live on a 1/3 mile long dirt rd..

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
How often are you planing on replaceing the filter..I have over 60k on my 6.0 and the filter minder hasen't moved yet I've checked its still looks great and I live on a 1/3 mile long dirt rd..

The stocker will hold a ton of dirt....And still flow good thats a plus i read a thread on it awile back on how good they flow dirty...

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
I like the S&B that I have on mine. I dont know if it makes much of a differance but it sounds a hell of a lot better.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Cleans up your engine bay.........Looks are important regardless of what she tells ya.......lol S&B all the way...

·
Still learning
577 Posts
I like the S&B that I have on mine. I dont know if it makes much of a differance but it sounds a hell of a lot better.
Cleans up your engine bay.........Looks are important regardless of what she tells ya.......lol S&B all the way...
I agree with both of these guys, sounds better and looks better.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Picture..

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
I put a S&B on my 08 and could feel some power gain. I even put 35s on shortly after and i seem to have the same amount of power if not more then stock tires. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts