Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy selling a used 4" pro comp kit from e99 manufacture date 4/98.

Will it fit on an 01?

I checked with 4 wheel parts, they said I would need to buy a box kit which is all hardware and drop bracket. So the only thing that would be worth anything to me is the front springs.

So Iam not sure it's worth to buy that used kit? I had my mind set on ICON lift until this used kit appeared. I figured out buy the time I get the box kit and hardware Iam 3/4 ways to a new one.

What are your opinions? :D

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
cant beat brand new :evil:redspotdance: its like christmas

·
Banned
459 Posts
id just save your money and buy an icon imop

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
unless it is dirt cheap i''d go new.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Need exactly what they said you need... You never said what the price is, if its cheap enough go for it... IMHO...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need exactly what they said you need... You never said what the price is, if its cheap enough go for it... IMHO...
Price 200.00 .But the only thing I can use from that used kit is the front srpings. 4 wheel parts quoted me 1300.00 with the box kit & fox shocks (mono). So that used lift puts me @1500.00.

They quoted an 4" ICON w/fox shocks (mono)@ 2200.00

So there is a 700.00 difference

I am kinda worried about spring sag on the used kit

What do think?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
When it comes to ICON you get what you pay for which is a lot both ways.LOL Might want to outsource the fox shocks to maybe get a lower price and get only kit . Maybe save some. Icon springs are some of the best.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I thought the u-bolts were the only difference??

U bolts, track bar, track bar drop bracket... Other then that, there is no differance.

I would get the used one myself... but I would not buy 1k worth of shocks...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When it comes to ICON you get what you pay for which is a lot both ways.LOL Might want to outsource the fox shocks to maybe get a lower price and get only kit . Maybe save some. Icon springs are some of the best.
Tarm are saying go to a different brand of shocks,my other option was Bilstiens,are the fox shock not a good shock? Iam still tryind to decide.

The used kit for 200.00 the pro comp box kit 453.00 which includes all harware U bolts,links,drop bracket,blocks,pit arm,bmps stops.

Shocks (fox)are 637.00 so my total is 1290.00. I forgot to ask if thats frieght and taxes :doh:.

Do I have drill holes for the bracket on the pro comp? I know the ICON is a complete bolt on. Are the pro comp a good quality lift?

So the diff between the two kits is about 1k. What about the spring sag on the used spring will it be okay?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Buying used sometimes is not a bad thing, just all depends what you are buying. If it was a high quality kit, I would have no problem saying go ahead and buy it and get the rest of the parts that you need to finish the kit. But Pro Comp is not a very good quality kit, so I would say pass on the kit and go with a new kit.

The ICON kit is $1,748.00 with the ICON shocks. The Fox shocks are not any better than the ICONs and the ICONs are valved for the Super Dutys. That price also includes shipping the the anywhere in the contiguous 48 states.

I can also do a BDS kit that has a Lifetime No Questions Asked Warranty for $1,156.32 plus shipping. The BDS is a great kit and has the warranty there.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

David

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buying used sometimes is not a bad thing, just all depends what you are buying. If it was a high quality kit, I would have no problem saying go ahead and buy it and get the rest of the parts that you need to finish the kit. But Pro Comp is not a very good quality kit, so I would say pass on the kit and go with a new kit.

The ICON kit is $1,748.00 with the ICON shocks. The Fox shocks are not any better than the ICONs and the ICONs are valved for the Super Dutys. That price also includes shipping the the anywhere in the contiguous 48 states.

I can also do a BDS kit that has a Lifetime No Questions Asked Warranty for $1,156.32 plus shipping. The BDS is a great kit and has the warranty there.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

David

David is ICON the better kit that you have ? How does it compare to the others such as Fabtec,Revtec,etc

Thanks

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Their are easyer ways to do a 4" lift with a better ride quality than new lift springs. PM me if you would like info and pricing

I specialize in performance and suspension mods.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps and '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.

We developed the B mod spring swap, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions. We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the best parts never compromize just to get a sale.

Cary

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Their are easyer ways to do a 4" lift with a better ride quality than new lift springs. PM me if you would like info and pricing

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps and '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.

We developed the B mod spring swap, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions. We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

Cary

PM sent.....

·
Registered
913 Posts
David is ICON the better kit that you have ? How does it compare to the others such as Fabtec,Revtec,etc

Thanks
ICON is one of the top quality kits out there for the Super Duty's. Pro Comp, Rancho, Superlift and Fabtech do not even come close to the quality that ICON has. We do not sell Pro Comp, Rancho or Superlift systems, if that tells you anything.

David

Cary
So Cary, How do you get a full 4" of lift when the truck most likely already had stock springs that are sagging? Yes the truck will be 4" higher than it sits right now, but tire fitment will not apply to that truck according the the required lift for tire size.

Why do you always tell people to PM you if they want more info? Why don't you just tell them in the open forum?

What does the other crap your plugging about have to do with his truck?

So you helped develop the 2815's, 2816's? I dont think that they needed help with the valving.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Sak..I ask people to pm me..I don't force them to. I don't post openly in forums for several reason the least of which is posts like yours where people will twist what I say and don't have a clue what I do.

Done with you, my reputation speaks for itself.

Cary

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
:whs:

Cary has an extreme bank of knowledge on suspension and has built many innovative and awesome trucks, including some seriously competetive rock crawlers. I agree his reputation speaks for itself.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts