Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have up to a 34 degree delta between the engine oil temp and the engine coolant temp but i just found out i have an egr cooler delete. so with the egr delete is this delta okay or should i replace oil cooler? thanks for all the help this site is awesome!

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
GAWD no that's not ok!! Your PCM is going to start defueling soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
You want all your flush to be done before you put in a new oil cooler.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
There are several potential causes for the deltas. Post as much information about your gauges, setup and driving conditions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay i have a 2006 f250 super duty 4x4 crew cab with the 6.0 powerstroke..168,ooo miles 6 inch lift sitting on 37's ..auto tranny..i have a scangauge 11 monitor.. engine oil temp of 234 degrees today verses an coolant temp of 200 degrees in boiling heat of day here in florida. driving on flat road no load at 60 mph.fresh oil change and filter. but any other time of day im only seeing around 210 oil temp and 180 coolant temp. stock engine with only exhaust done.. yes its apparent i still have the egr cooler in truck..should i do an egr delete while i replace oil cooler? thanks for the help

·
Administrator
33,162 Posts
probably need to figure out a few things

why your coolant runs 180 and not 190

you state you have an EGR Delete but still have an EGR cooler = ? if you don't need it for emissions yank it but make sure you have a way to block the codes the delete will cause ( if you actually have the egr deleted now?? find out what programer is blocking the CEL )

when your going to do your flush and new oil cooler cause it's clogged

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
If you delete your egr cooler, keep the valve. There is an extra bolt hole on the back of the cast intake elbow. Bolt the valve there, it will mount right above where it used to sit, and keep it plugged in. No codes, and no fan clutch operation problems

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info everybody.in a few weeks im going to first flush the cooling system install the fumoto valves, and do the egr delete, oil cooler, coolant filtration filter, head studs(arp),blue spring, clean turbo, turbo oil line upgrade, and I think thats about it.can anybody recommend anything else I need to do while its down and im in there? Can yall recommend which oil cooler and delete kits I should use?what about head gaskets? Is black diamond the best? Want to do this right and fully bulletproof my 6.0 dont want to have to do this again. I plan on adding a sct livewire tuner after I do all this want my motor to be able to handle the extra power. How about a water pump as well? Thanks guys.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Stay away from Black Diamond HG, and Dorman oil coolers. Stick with factory pieces for both of those.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
For the egr delete, there's a ton of options now a days, but Ive always used custom diesels egr deletes. Theyre reasonably priced, and fit exactly like a more expensive brand. I've never had a problem wirh their kits. Everything else, ford.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Stay away from Black Diamond HG, and Dorman oil coolers. Stick with factory pieces for both of those.
:whs: would throw in the 6.4 banjo bolts, coolant filter kit I have and love my sinister one. a lot of guys recommend you flush more then once as well do it right once and be done with it for good. also custom tunes from drew once you get everything all wrapped up and ready to go he has great tunes and is a pleasure to deal with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts