Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seventh Anniversary (click here)

RALEIGH, N.C. – It was a day like any other day — except that it was the seventh anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq. And, for the most part, that was forgotten.
Regardless of our individual opinions on the necessity for this war, we owe our respect to every single person who has lost their life, been wounded or served.

My hat is off to all of you.

Let's please try to keep this thread about honoring our service men and women...................and not about the war itself.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amen... here is my Bro. Killed in Iraq 1-5-06...

I read your tribute page in your sig.

Having your great-grandfather, grandfather and now your brother giving the ultimate sacrifice...............makes your family very special.

My hat is off to your entire family! (I sure wish we had an American flag/thumbup smilie!)

·
Registered
346 Posts
i have a memorial tattoo on my left shoulder to all the fallen soldier that we have lost in the war, i myself am headed over there on april 1st and will be there for a year, i am forever greatful for the sacrifice your family has made for this great country of ours

thanks
Ac

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a memorial tattoo on my left shoulder to all the fallen soldier that we have lost in the war, i myself am headed over there on april 1st and will be there for a year, i am forever greatful for the sacrifice your family has made for this great country of ours

thanks
Ac
Best of luck to you and thank you for your service!

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
One of my "brothers" leaves for Afganistan in August or around there. 101st Airborne, might be Army Ranger by then. I just hope he comes back.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Nice thread Gandy.

Thank you to all who have served. I am very grateful.
Me too. Makes me wish I was younger. I did my tour in between wars.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I read your tribute page in your sig.

Having your great-grandfather, grandfather and now your brother giving the ultimate sacrifice...............makes your family very special.

My hat is off to your entire family! (I sure wish we had an American flag/thumbup smilie!)
Thanks,

Check out the main page for that site. The guy who runs it goes to most of the funerals in the NW. He is a great guy! http://www.iraqwarheroes.org/

·
Wanna cookie?
446 Posts
With tears in my eyes, I say thank you. I'm a total sap. But to realize that seven years of my life have passed by and so many lives have been lost while I've lived that time having my own troubles and triumphs, they pale in comparison to what the men and women in our military are going through so I can live the day to day life that I do.

I have 4 friends in the Marines that are spread across the globe right now. God speed and bring them home safe, sound and soon.

Thank you to every single one of you who have served, are serving and will serve.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Def hats all to all war vets not jut oif and oef vets, did tours in 05 and 06 , now going back in the mil to go back over, just hoping the wife dosent get sent to

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks for your service and an even bigger thanks to all that have fallen or been injured for US.

I know a few guys up here that have gone over and Thank God, most of them made it back.

My hat's off to all you soldiers and your families.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
Amen!

Thanks to all those who are serving or have served to defend our great nation!

God Bless the AMERICAN Soldier!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts