Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'02 F250 Crew Cab SB 200k
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Finally able to get back to my '02 F250 and try to get it running again. Parked almost a year ago with rough running and hard start. While cranking my IPR duty cycle is at 30% (Pressure starts at 500, jumps up to 800, then as high as mid-2000s). That's after installing a new ICP & IPR valve, both Ford OEM. All injectors pass a buzz test, checked every cylinder and have 300-315 psi (cold), 60 psi of fuel pressure (consistently), changed the oil, filled up the HPOP (upgraded - produces up to 3,500 psi) reservoir, replaced all the outer injector O-rings (#8 upper oil O-ring the one next to the metal & square one was shot - all others good), replaced (2) faulty glow plugs. Had it all back together yesterday and it reluctantly started, idled for 25 mins, but revs very slow, almost as if something were holding it back. Didn't have my scanner hooked up though, so I didn't watch the IPR duty cycle as it idled. Tried to start today and killed the batteries, have them charging now. Though the bad oil O-ring for #8 might be losing the oil pressure, thus the ICP is reacting to overcompensate for that drop, but this is the same issue I had when I parked it. It does have a TS-6 switch, going to remove that next to see if that is the problem. Checked the down-pipe and that doesn't appear to be in too bad of shape. Can it be the PCM sending the wrong signal?

Codes that come up without it running doing KOEO:
P1280, P0472, P0118, P0198, P1119, P0475, P0603, & P0541.

Before I swap out the PCM (first will remove the TS-6 switch) and continue down that path wanted to get some input from everyone, I know there is something I am missing....just too close to it and don't have the experience that some of you have on here. Please help!

·
Registered
337 Posts
30% IPR at crank is normal, can you check it while idling? Can you look at MFDES? Also EBP. How does the turbo look/feel?

·
'02 F250 Crew Cab SB 200k
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got her started, here is what I am seeing:
- Idle RPM = 656
- Injector Pressure = 810
- IPR Duty Cycle = 28.4%
- Mass Fuel Desired = 15.95 mg

As for the exhaust back pressure, for some reason the PID list did not have this included as one of the parameters. I will have to add it to the list and retest. Any of this help?

·
Registered
337 Posts
At idle your IPR duty cycle should be ideally 9-11%, if yours is 28.4% at idle that indicates a leak in the high pressure oil system, is it possible you buggared an oring when you put the injectors back?. MFDES is also high, should be below 14. Being high could be worn injectors, low fuel pressure or a tune.These numbers are for a stock truck so if you're running a tune you need to remove it first then test again.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The reason I mentioned EBP was in case your EBPV is stuck closed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Finally able to get back to my '02 F250 and try to get it running again. Parked almost a year ago with rough running and hard start. While cranking my IPR duty cycle is at 30% (Pressure starts at 500, jumps up to 800, then as high as mid-2000s). That's after installing a new ICP & IPR valve, both Ford OEM. All injectors pass a buzz test, checked every cylinder and have 300-315 psi (cold), 60 psi of fuel pressure (consistently), changed the oil, filled up the HPOP (upgraded - produces up to 3,500 psi) reservoir, replaced all the outer injector O-rings (#8 upper oil O-ring the one next to the metal & square one was shot - all others good), replaced (2) faulty glow plugs. Had it all back together yesterday and it reluctantly started, idled for 25 mins, but revs very slow, almost as if something were holding it back. Didn't have my scanner hooked up though, so I didn't watch the IPR duty cycle as it idled. Tried to start today and killed the batteries, have them charging now. Though the bad oil O-ring for #8 might be losing the oil pressure, thus the ICP is reacting to overcompensate for that drop, but this is the same issue I had when I parked it. It does have a TS-6 switch, going to remove that next to see if that is the problem. Checked the down-pipe and that doesn't appear to be in too bad of shape. Can it be the PCM sending the wrong signal?

Codes that come up without it running doing KOEO:
P1280, P0472, P0118, P0198, P1119, P0475, P0603, & P0541.

Before I swap out the PCM (first will remove the TS-6 switch) and continue down that path wanted to get some input from everyone, I know there is something I am missing....just too close to it and don't have the experience that some of you have on here. Please help!
Howdy, maybe the drain valve on fuel filter base is sucking air.....I had a cracked base one time, cheap and easy.......Sucking air is not good

·
Project Shamu
3,076 Posts
It's also still working out the air from the HPO system. Have you taken it for a drive at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts