Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1995 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD
302 Posts
If you don't get your answer immediately please don't just post a new thread, you probably haven't gotten a response because everyone who has seen it doesn't have an answer

Reactions: Jax

· Premium Member
1995 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD
302 Posts
why are you trying to replace your IPR? Do you know it's bad or are you just throwing parts

Reactions: Jax

· Premium Member
1995 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD
302 Posts
Have you monitored the IPR to see if it's duty cycle is higher than it should be?

· Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 ,4EOD trans, Upgraded Alternator, Western plow relay, 4-in lift
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no and no I felt the IPR and it felt loose that is why but a cant for sure tell cause but I can move the sensor plug all the way to the left and right so that tells me it's probably o rings or the IPR it's self that's bad and I won't know until I get at.it and I wanted to know if.there was a way to get at it without removing the fuel bowl sorry if I was posting twice honestly I don't believe I have posted twice this topic at all but I could be wrong but Id rather create a new one then try to leaf through a crap load of post threads to see if I had thanks for your input tho

· Registered
2,013 Posts
That may be the solenoid coil that is loose. There is a tin nut that holds it on to the body of the IPR. If the coil moves around you will have problems with the IPR not holding oil pressure.

Cj

· Registered
1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 Diesel 4x4 ,4EOD trans, Upgraded Alternator, Western plow relay, 4-in lift
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Matt as for the solution I was digging around on Friday on my truck and noticed what cjfisher had said some idiot at threaded it on backwards that what it was supposed to be I got her fixed and tightened up once I get the last bulbs I need for the truck and the flasher then I can see if that fixed her don't want to have to disassemble her front twice

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: CJ Fisher was correct It was the IPR tin nut it was loose and was causing it to lope for a couple seconds then go back to regular idle It almost looks as if someone had put it on backwards which has me thinking it was the mechanic shop I had it in last I know most of the people on here do their own mechanic work and I'm learning as much as I can so I can do it on my own thank you CJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts