Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RubberDuck
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt my IPR with the kit Guzzle provides and i got the info on how to do it from here in PSN's library. I did run into a problem though after welding a bar on to 1-1/8" deep socket from tractor supply 1/2 drive it would to slid over the stem of IPR. I did not want to make a hour and half round trip to San Antonio to get a different socket so i ran around the corner to NAPA and bought 1/2 drive 6point impact socket item number NTP-636. It is also longer than a regular deep socket so no need to weld a bar to it just use you regular socket handle. I am sure many guys have figured this out but i have not seen any reference to it in my limited use of the forum. Maybe Tom S. could add a note to the right up in the library.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have never needed the "special tool" I just use a wrench.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Just unbolt the pressure regulator from the fuel filter cannister and carefully pull it out to provide clearance to get to the IPR. Then unplug the IPR wiring plug, undo the sheet metal nut that retains the solenoid, remove the solenoid coil and use a box end wrench to loosen the IPR body. Reverse procedure to install. :confused::confused:

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I thought about it after I posted... Squeezing the wrench in the with the box end. :doh: But I never thought about it, I made the tool and it works out pretty good.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Step 1. should always be... Hit FB hard with a hammer sure to break it. The ipr hpop and pretty much everything else gets easier to work on after that. Plus there's a lot of satisfaction in smashing that POS. Call it Karma....

Then you can pull the ipr with pliers if you wanted.

·
Registered
326 Posts
once you take the tin nut and solinoid off you can use a 1-1/8" box ended wrench, fits in with plenty of room, the heck with a special tool!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts