Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the location of the ipr on a 1996 7.3l. i heard its under the turbo pedistal or some in that area. i will i know it the ipr. also my bowl heater keeps blowing fuses, where is the plugs for that so i can unplug it. i see what look to be lugs on the one side conectiong right into it. looks like to small plus and one on the middle of them. is that it or no

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
IPR is on the backside of the HP Oil reservoir (the recatangular box-shaped thing on the top front of the motor) down low (two-wire connector). The fuel heater connection is on the driver's side of the fuel bowl. The connection is kind of funky looking. I actually prefer to disconnect it from the little spade connetor inside the fuel bowl. Drain the filter bowl, remove cap and filter and look for the connection on the driver's side. Cheers!

·
Registered
186 Posts
No disrespect Patrick but im pretty sure its located on the back of the HPOP. The pump is in the bottom of the valley and the IPR is screwed into the backside of the driver side of the pump.(IPR points towards the back of the valley with a two wire connector) It is bellow the resevoir which is the "rectangular box thing" haha, Once again no disrespect Patrick just minor correction.

As for the bowl heater it is a small plug on the side of the bowl and should be the bottom of two plugs and i believe it is only one but not sure i will have to get back with you on that after i go look at it on my truck haha.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Hey Chris!

No disrespect taken! You're correct that the IPR screws into the pump (the IPR will be just below the bosses on the pump body where the HP oil lines connect to the pump. The pump itself is mounted to the back of the front cover.

Cheers!

As for the fuel heater, it's hard to describe since some trucks can 2 or three connection on the side of the fuel bowl, depending on the year. There's water-in-fuel sensor, fuel restriction sensor, and fuel heater. Some trucks have the fuel restriction on the regulator block (like my 97) and some will have it on the rear bottom of the fuel bowl (like my 94 did). I usually recommend the internal disconnection (A bit more of a pain) because the external heater connection can be stubborn to get off and one risks damaging the part (some call it the heater thermostat) that seals the fuel bowl. That part will set you back $45 or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts