Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got my 2005 f250 lariat with the single in dash cd player. It has the aux button, my question is this. I just got the XM onyx and also have an ipod and would like to hook up both to the factory radio. I've been hearing about the "PIE" adapters and was wondering if they make one where I can use both. As in if I have the xm turned off the ipod will work and vise versa. Anyone have any ideas or pointers? Even if its a single hook up do they make a dual jack for the audio wires (red/white) where I can unplug the ipod and use the xm and so on. Sorry for the odd post and thanks in advance

Nick

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey guys, I've got my 2005 f250 lariat with the single in dash cd player. It has the aux button, my question is this. I just got the XM onyx and also have an ipod and would like to hook up both to the factory radio. I've been hearing about the "PIE" adapters and was wondering if they make one where I can use both. As in if I have the xm turned off the ipod will work and vise versa. Anyone have any ideas or pointers? Even if its a single hook up do they make a dual jack for the audio wires (red/white) where I can unplug the ipod and use the xm and so on. Sorry for the odd post and thanks in advance

Nick
Check out Crutchfield. I got a Sirius adapter for my wifes 04 expedition. It overrides the antennae signal when the sirius is on. It only plugs into the FM out port. I did find one i beleive that plugs into the aux out on the sirius and the headphone jack on the ipod after I bought the one we have now :doh:

I priced the setup to have the stock sirius receiver in the expedition and it aint happening!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll check out crutchfield. I was using the xm today and with it going thru an fm station it really does not have good sound. Worse than regular fm to be honest. I tried a few other "blank" stations to see if that would help but no avail. Sure seems like they charge an awful lot for hook ups.

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thats the one. I think Crutchfield was a little cheaper with free shipping. Its like using the FM transmitter but it completely overrides the radio station of your choice. No static!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts