Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently with at&t and my contract expires this friday. I've really been wanting to move over to verizon and get the new HTC Droid Incredible that is coming out next week. problem is, im on a family plan and the other members of my family don't all feel like changing to verizon is the best for them. if i get my own plan i'd be spending around $110 a month. so long story short i may have to stay with at&t.

Whichever route i end up going, i definitely want a smart phone/android phone. If i stay with at&t i'll probably end up with an iphone 3GS, or the new HTC Droid Incredible with Verizon.

My question to you guys is which do you like better? the iphone or android phones? I have friends with both and both will tell me that whatever they have is best.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ive had both and I like the droid better but I only had the 2g

·
Registered
329 Posts
Never owned an iPhone, but love my Droid....My friends with iPhones "appreciate" the Droid.... But thiers came first so it will always be better in their eyes. I havent had one issue with my HTC, and I got mine early...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally i think i'd rather have the droid incredible. im just not sure yet if that is going to be a possibility so im trying to find reasons to convince myself that an iphone is better. although im not so sure it really is.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i just got a 3gs ihpone and comming from a moto razr i cant see how id ever go with another phone this thing is amazing. so many apps surf the interwebz, navigation, google maps 32gigs of space for music.. takes amazing pictures. the list goes on..

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Ive got the Iphone 3g and Im pondering an htc h2. The htc h2 has to have one of the slickest interfaces out right now.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I have a friend with the droid and I have an iPhone and all I can say is it seems like the iPhone is more user friendly and simpler to use.

I vote iPhone. But to each his own.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Guys, it seems like some of you are confused, the only phone that's a "Droid", is the Motorola Droid. All the other phones, like the HTC, run the Android operating system.

dadozer, the Droid is 3G, so which phone did you have?

My vote goes for one of the phones with the Android operating system, I have the Droid and love it.

There will be many new phones coming out this year running the Android OS, and on several carriers. It seems they've made a good impact on the market, and will continue to do so, the Iphone's share has already slipped 2% in the last few months, and is falling.

Dave

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
My iphone has worked great but Im not to thrilled with the direction apple is going with the new os 4 for the phones. Adding something called IAD which is a built in advertising system for all the apps to used doesnt thrill me at all and I wont be upgrading my phone to that os for sure. They also have decided to declare war on adobe which means no flash functions ever. Also no java, ever.

Thats why Im considering a different phone. The HTC H2 is loaded with features and I can write software for it easily and its almost twice as fast as the 4g phone will be. The 4g will run at 600 mhz the HTC H2 runs at 1 ghz.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I lied... I have the motorolla Droid. And i truly don't know how I got around with out it. I have a window mount for it, so bluetooth and Nav.... Apps are rediculous and fun. I don't use it nearly to its capacity but dont mind paying the monthy service anymore, I feel like I get my $ out of it everyday!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Smokyred I you are correct I have an htc, and my Iphone was the 2g and it was jail broken so I could do a little more than a regular 2g but I like my htc running android hands down!

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
My iphone has worked great but Im not to thrilled with the direction apple is going with the new os 4 for the phones. Adding something called IAD which is a built in advertising system for all the apps to used doesnt thrill me at all and I wont be upgrading my phone to that os for sure. They also have decided to declare war on adobe which means no flash functions ever. Also no java, ever.

Thats why Im considering a different phone. The HTC H2 is loaded with features and I can write software for it easily and its almost twice as fast as the 4g phone will be. The 4g will run at 600 mhz the HTC H2 runs at 1 ghz.

Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider the Droid then....

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider the Droid then....
I hate running someone off from the iphone as it is a good phone. But apple's crusade vs adobe and other wierdness of late makes me want nothing else to do with them to be honest.

Apple crippled the bluetooth on the iphone so getting it to work with things can be tricky. The app store has a ton of apps but they are pretty wierd as to what is allowed and isnt and they can disable apps you like if they later remove them from the app store for some reason which they do from time to time.

With all of this Im pondering switching to another phone. But I havent totally decided yet as Im checking all of them out to decide which I like best.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts