Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my ignition is kinda beat u can pull the keys when the trucks on. so long story short my chime is stuck on for the first few minutes the trucks running. anyways to disable this? i looked for fuses and didnt see any, is there anyway to unplug it?

thanks bob

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Replace the key switch.

·
Registered
842 Posts
:whs:

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
Well the chime box is just under the dash, basically right where your right knee would be. When you turn the truck on just listen to find where the chime is coming from and pull the box out. Its just basically a plug that has connectors that slip over the mount jack. I hate listening to chimes in all my vehicles. They make nice paper weights.

·
Registered
135 Posts
In a superduty, it is built into the circuit board of the gem module. I stabbed a pick through mine. You have to be really careful, and that fusebox/gem is a pain to get out.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Easy.

1. Pull out the ignition lock cylinder
2. Put a small piece of electrical tape between the contacts on the plastic orange 'key in ignition' switch
3. Reinstall lock cylinder

4. Enjoy quietness

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
so my ignition is kinda beat u can pull the keys when the trucks on. so long story short my chime is stuck on for the first few minutes the trucks running. anyways to disable this? i looked for fuses and didnt see any, is there anyway to unplug it?

thanks bob
I would still start by replacing the lock cylinder. Bet it fixes all of your issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts