Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I talked to a guy at DI about there up-pipes, which are on back order for 4 months. Mine are leaking pretty bad. I need them soon. DI said the international pipes that are if u ever take them apart after the first install they will leak. Has anyone heard of this. I dont won't to spend 450$ on something thats a one time deal. Are they just sayin this so i wait and purchase theres.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Who did you talk to at DI?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not for sure who it was. The local diesel shop deals with them alot and they were doing the dealing

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Doesn't really sound like something they would say.

·
NEWBIE to PSN
29 Posts
I installed a set of used intl up-pipes that had 5k on them. I've had them on my truck for 10k and there is no signs of any exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not that they was saying that the international wasn't any good they just said that they had made several changes to theres that would prevent that problem.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
So I talked to a guy at DI about there up-pipes, which are on back order for 4 months. Mine are leaking pretty bad. I need them soon. DI said the international pipes that are if u ever take them apart after the first install they will leak. Has anyone heard of this. I dont won't to spend 450$ on something thats a one time deal. Are they just sayin this so i wait and purchase theres.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Actually, i think there might be some truth to that statement. The bellows they use seem to be the same as on the 6.0 pipes. 6.0 pipes, after a lot of miles, dont typically like to be disturbed. also due to the vgt turbo, it is VERY obvious when you have a leak as there is a constant backpressure and you get a hiss or whistle sound, as opposed to a tst tst tst sound.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts