1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I think it will look really good. I would spray some clear on it just to be assured it won't fall off so easy.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:whs: I agree with Moore ...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought a sticker like that once and the only thing I didn't like about it was on the stock emblem Ford is in raised letters and it shows through. You could probably sand it down smooth though.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you want a really nice one machined out of aluminum there is a place called Billet Badges | Welcome. I got one for my truck and was only like 75 bucks. They can make anything you want and will send you a rendering before they make anything.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a sticker like that once and the only thing I didn't like about it was on the stock emblem Ford is in raised letters and it shows through. You could probably sand it down smooth though.
Thanks for the link noslow, i thought about doing them when i got my new grill and just not putting a ford oval on the grill and just laying the decals in the oval.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
I have red and black IH emblems off of a Scout on my fenders. Not near that big but you can see them in my profile picture.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im just wanting to do something different basically, thanks for all the input guys and keep it coming!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've seen them. I think they look good, but even though International made the motor, it is still a Ford truck. I think it should have a blue oval on it. My two cents

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts

thats my grille, forget all the over lay things, i bought a carbon fiber ford oval one and it was just an overall pain to try to get on and straight, and flat,

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

thats my grille, forget all the over lay things, i bought a carbon fiber ford oval one and it was just an overall pain to try to get on and straight, and flat,
:drool: Thats Nice

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I haven't gotten a grille emblem for going on 8 months now becuase I'm trying to do the same thing. I want something a little different. I do like the first link you posted though!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

Mine is exactly the same, but I used mesh on all the inserts.

I'll post a picture here as soon as I take one.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't gotten a grille emblem for going on 8 months now becuase I'm trying to do the same thing. I want something a little different. I do like the first link you posted though!
After seeing Stroked's grill, i dont think im going with the overlay decals, i have an idea for my second link, but a lot depends on if i can get two or not, thinking of putting one on my grill and one on my tailgate, havent decided yet, but i LOVE Stroked's grill, so i might try something along those lines.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I wanted to try that but couldn't figure out a possible way to make it work without a lot of fabrication. Intenational wants something like $30-$40 for the "International Diamond". I just haven't been able to figure out how to make it work when the diamond won't completely cover where the oval would sit. I could machine some aluminum to cover the holes in the grille and bolt to that with the diamond I suppose.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wanted to try that but couldn't figure out a possible way to make it work without a lot of fabrication. Intenational wants something like $30-$40 for the "International Diamond". I just haven't been able to figure out how to make it work when the diamond won't completely cover where the oval would sit. I could machine some aluminum to cover the holes in the grille and bolt to that with the diamond I suppose.
The trick i believe, and again i say, i believe, is to get a billit grill or a grill without the oval, then you can place how you need to. Im not 100% sure on this, someone who has the International Diamond on a grill, please chime in here:D

Extended Power, thats clean looking, what did you use for the grill?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts