Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Rev-X may not be the culprit, but it's the only change.

6 weeks ago i did my 60k oil change and they sold me on the Rev-X oil additive and the fuel additive as well.

The next day, returning home from work, stopped for a soda and it wouldn't start...it would crank hard but not start.

Had it towed to the shop where (of course) it starts for them and does the rest of the day.

Picked it up and it starts fine for two more weeks...then, another no start (with crank) after it had been sitting an hour after a 15 min drive.

Waited an hour and it starts.

Last night, made 3 errands, picked up the christmas tree...unloaded it in front of garage, then truck wouldn't start again...crank but no start!!!!!!!!!! Wait an hour and bam...starts.

So frustrating. Shop says it may be a leak in the oil pressure system but I have no clue. Temperature isn't an issue, as this has all been happening between 50-80 degrees.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
8,563 Posts
standard problem with the 6.ohno engine. when it is hot, it will not start. let it sit for an hour or so, it will pop rite off.
it is a problem with one of the elbows in the fuel system.

·
Administrator
8,563 Posts
you have an oil leak on the quick disconnect on the hpop or an oil feed tube to the injectors
that is what i was thinking of. thank you for correcting me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the direction. I'm hoping to solve this for under $500.

Seems like whenever it goes to the shop I'm out $2k.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have had bad IPRs cause those same symptoms. The screen under the cooler breaks and pieces of it lodge in the IPR and make it stick. That, or the huge influx of trash when the screen lets go. Pull the IPR. If the screen on the end of it is concave, do not run it anymore until you replace the screen under the cooler. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm having a hard time deciding on whether or not to wait for the prob to get worse OR pay the shop to dig and dig until they find the problem.

It's hard to decide since the no-start is so intermittent.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm having a hard time deciding on whether or not to wait for the prob to get worse OR pay the shop to dig and dig until they find the problem.

It's hard to decide since the no-start is so intermittent.
better get it solved now, before it compounds or leaves you stranded with the fix plus a tow bill.......

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear you...but...last time I had it towed, when it got to the shop it started again....and again and again. To quote the owner, "We can't fix it if it ain't broke."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts