Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is a 95 E4OD with 263k, no CEL on, CPS recent/good, good batteries/starter/fuel pump just replaced about 1k miles ago.

I towed a truck to my buddy's place a couple days ago and when I came out I started my truck and it didn't respond to the throttle at all and then died. This was only after sitting maybe 20 mins. I cranked and it was acting like a clogged filter (filter is only a couple hundred miles old) so I check the bowl and the fuel pump output and it almost started with the cap off. Put it back together and it fired and and was fine the rest of the night.

Next day I go to the bank, come back to my truck, same thing. Start then dies. So after cranking enough to drain the batteries, getting a jump and more cranking it finally started again and ran fine. I tried starting it 5 or so more time through the rest of the day and it was fine.

Last night I went to test my trailer brakes and the damn thing dies out in the road. Fuel bowl full, fuel pump is pumping. Cranked and cranked and tried jumping it but it wouldn't fire. Acted like it was going to but never did. So I towed it home. Any ideas?

I don't have a scanner but I was planning on buying the Autoenginuity Ford total bundle, just didnt want to spend the money right now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
when it does run will the truck still shift good/torque converter lock up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, there were a few times a while back where it wasn't going into lockup but that was a while before this happen; 2-3 months ago. I did have it go into limp mode once or twice with the OD light flashing but it went away after I restarted the truck.

Now that I think of it, my reverse lights recently stopped working and I think it's the NSS tho I haven't had a chance to check altho I don't think it is related.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Yes, the switching for the neutral start, reverse lights, and the "what gear you're in" feed to the PCM are all in one switch, on the tranny. Probably out of adjustment, and will cause all sorts of grief.

When the OD-OFF light flashes, a tranny code is set in the PCM. Old code might still be set as "stored".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts