Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a family member came over and wanted a ride, and after a few good WOT pulls, i came to a stop and noticed that there was a slight miss it was intermittent at first. Truck is studded, deleted, and i have irates t4 kit and a box s366, i have stock injectors currently. I also have the xtreme x tune for the non vgt. I switched the tune back to stock to see if that was the issue and now the miss is constant. Theres no codes or anything. All the connectors on the ficm are connected and anything ovious i would have seen. Need some input at to what you guys this the issue is as i tear into it! Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i just have the sct livewire, i still have stock sticks so i dont think egts are an issue along with fuel pressure being to low.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the dipstick right when it happened, and the level and the oil looked fine.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ok. Probably just some stiction then. After a hard pull, if the oil was over full, the crankshaft would aerate the oil due to "splashing' though it. It could cause problems with high pressure oil system and could cause misfire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm that does make sense ill keep that in mind. I have both valve covers off and the rails off and everything looks good. No rocker arms fell off or anything obvious like that. Im going to turn the motor over by hand and make sure all the rockers move the same distance just to check to see if a pushrod is bent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i turned it over by hand and everything looked fine and moved accordingly, so i put it back together and started it up and its doing the same thing. I took off my oil cap and there were no puffs or blowby. So i doubt its a burned/cracked piston. At this point im leaning towards an injector being bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long would the stiction take to go away? Ive let it idle for about 30 seconds sense its been back together and it hasnt changed.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
The point here, is you have sticky spool valves in at least one of your injectors. You can try the bandaid "snake oils", and they may work, but it doesn't magically fix a worn out injector. You can also try switching to a 5w40 oil, but once again, doesn't magically fix worn injectors. You need to get ahold of a scanner and do a power balance test. It will tell you which injector is bad. Or since you already tore the valve covers off, you can unplug one injector at a time, and see which one makes the misfire go away.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i put rev x in it about 20 thousand miles ago and its been fine untill now. Will it hurt the FICM if i unplug and plug in the injectors one at a time while its running?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Replaced #7 injector. All is well again!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts