Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing an intermittent/random knocking sound from the engine when at fast food drive throughs where the sound can reflect back. Transmission in dive with foot on the brake pedal. If I put it in neutral, the knock will go away. It is in no way constant and comes and goes pretty randomly. I tried putting the parking brake on and getting out but could not duplicate it. Truck runs and drives fine, oil looks good after 3000 miles. I just received a Blackstone kit and will be sending a sample out soon. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this video on google search. Same noise.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced my ICP (it was oil filled) and it seemed to resolve the issue. The PO had some cheap aftermarket ICP in there. I replaced with a Ford one from diesel o-rings.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm glad that you posted how you resolved your issue. I believe my truck has an after market ICP sensor in it also. I have been thinking about changing it out with a Ford one even though there is no oil leaking from my sensor. I don't have that knock sound, but ever since I got my new tunes I will throw a SES light when I'm in my hot tune. I'm going to scan it this weekend to make sure my HPOP is alright and go from there. Should I go ahead and change the ICP sensor if it's not OEM? I heard the after market ones are junk.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would for piece of mind. Put the aftermarket in the glove box for a back up. With mine, the knock stated getting worse and cold starts got harder with a decent stumble for the first minute. Everything seemed to clear up with the new ICP. I also have new injector o-rings to put in as soon as I get my new valve cover gaskets and UVCH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts