Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Media Mushroom Stamp
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i left for deployment, i was having an intermittent battery light when the truck was colt. it would come on about 20 seconds after start up and go away about the time i hit the end of my neighborhood (apprx 3/4 mile). Both batteries and brand new and both alternators check out on both amperage and voltage. I thoroughly cleaned the terminals when the battery was replaced. any ideas? my girl is driving the truck now and i'm worried about her getting stranded.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
Sounds like an output issue or batt issue when the glowplugs are lit and putting a big load on the system
I wouls have Her take it to somplace that can test the system on the vehicle
and test like this
shut the truck off

start the truck and turn on all accesories ,light,AC ETC while they check the truck

most auto stores will do this for free

·
Media Mushroom Stamp
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I did. It will only do it in the morning when I first start it up or after it has sat for a while. I can't get the problem to repeat at the local AAP. I'm thinking since both batteries are fresh, it may be an alternator issue.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's what I did. It will only do it in the morning when I first start it up or after it has sat for a while. I can't get the problem to repeat at the local AAP. I'm thinking since both batteries are fresh, it may be an alternator issue.
Mine did the samething. Took it to ford and it was a bad alternator. Ford told me whenever the battery light comes on, 99% of the time it's a bad alternator.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
Well I guess you need to see what the voltage is after it sits
it may be a parasitic drain
or a batt issue like 1 is draining into another since they are tied together

·
Registered
254 Posts
Get it through Napa. Probably just as good and. Cheaper.

Thx for serving brother!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts