Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’m having an issue with my blower motor when I’m running my ac, when I start my truck it works fine on all settings, after about 10 minutes the blower motor stops blowing. The next day it will work as mentioned before and stop working after about 10 minutes?

I recently replaced the blower motor to see if this would fix the problem, no such luck.

I then ordered the blower motor resistor MOTORCRAFT YH1697 {#4C2Z19A706AA}. When the part arrived it didn’t fit, apparently my EX takes part 2c3h-19e624-aa. Anyone have any luck with a non OEM part?

Is there another part I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
i think you may be on the rite track with the resistor.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Have you checked for power at the connector when the motor stops? Does this happen at all speeds or just certain ones? The resistor can certainly cause this, though usually only for certain speeds.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I apologize for the late response, got super busy at work. I replaced the resistor and the fan motor. That screw/bolt on the bottom right of the resistor was a pain in the rear end.

• Dorman 973-502 HVAC Blower Motor Resistor Kit for Select Ford Models
  • +
  • Scitoo ABS AC Heater Blower Motors With Fan HVAC Blowers Motors fit for 2000-05 Ford Excursion/1999-07 Ford F250/1999-07 Ford F350/1999-03 Ford F450/1999-03 Ford F550

So far there hasn’t been any interment fan cutting off. I might need to add some Freon to my unit, it’s not that cold?
thanks everyone.
EX

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I just had a friend need his looked at for an intermittent blower as well. I checked a bunch of stuff and couldn't figure it out. Then, I happened upon a video which suggested tapping the motor housing. Yup, that made it turn on and off. Pulled the motor and tested it directly. Depending on how hard I pushed on the terminals it would either work or not work. New motor solved the problem in his case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts