Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
slow white
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anybody has painted the dash trim? if so any pictures available? thanks in advance

chris

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
curious about this too.

·
slow white
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks abbott for the pics.. i started painting mine today but the trusty ol rattle can decided to be a B**ch and splatter so ill tackling this tomorrow after work

·
Registered
329 Posts
find a paint that bonds to plastic krylon makes one available at wally world turns out to be pretty decent really will post pics after a bit mines on a 2000 tho

·
slow white
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the what i had krylon plastic or something along that basis i know its for plastic.. it was just spitting it out...o well no biggie ill just get another can and get back at it... as far as posting pics when ever you get the chance it will be greatly appreciated...

chris

·
slow white
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great tip abbott

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
I've painted alot of interior pieces in the past. I've always gone to an automotive paint store though and bought their stuff that's specifically designed for automotive plastics. The key is getting the original surface, piece clean and prepped.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
sand it down and use krylon fusion, it bonds great, make sure its nice n clean b4 u paint and be sure to let it dry b4 u clear it, i painted my window visors with it and it turned out great

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
Cloth I got from walmart that was originally for a toga party but found another use for it
Do they sell it in a roll?What kinda glue did you use?

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Sorry for it being off topic but my old thread is closed and it dont go into much detail. It came from fabrics and you get it by however much you need. I had alot since I had to wrap myself in it for a toga. I scuffed the plastic and cleaned it for prep. I cut the fabric to cover the surface and have alot of overhang. I used 3m spray adhesive medium strength and sprayed the plastic and laid the cloth. Then I trimmed away enough fabric so it could wrap around to the back, sprayed the back and tucked it. Edges and curves were the trickiest! I don't know exactly how to explain it, just something you would have to see but the fabric will bunch up instead of laying smooth so I went with it and then cut the bunched up part off and it looked flush. For the switches I took a razer and cut down the middle folded it back glued. so i Sorry for a long past but if anymore questions PM me. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts