Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find some paint to match my interior for a gauge pod. I found some online but would rather just pick one up locally if I could. I dont know if like NAPA, Advance Auto, OReily, etc would have a paint that matches that someone else has used. My interior trim code is 8E. Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the color I am going for, Medium Flint. I wonder if it would be easier to just get the Glowshift pod.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Check out your local automotive paint stores, Places that sell good stuff like PPG, etc. Ask for SEM products they have a whole line of rattle can stuff that you should be able to match perfectly. SEM also has a cleaner and adhesion promoter, looks factory when done. I just had to match some parts in my son's jeep looks great.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, does anyone know the exact color of SEM paint to match the Medium Flint? I know my local Advance and OReilys have SEM paints, just dont know if they stock them or have to order.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh, I have read some where some people said it didn't match well. I would hate to spend $33 after shipping on a spray can and it not even match. I could probably get a good match at a body shop for not much more than that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. I just bought some gauges, pod, and chip from Diesel Innovations and he going to send me some Isspro paint match for the pod. Talk about great service.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
The SEM adhesion promoter is a cleaner and My local Space Age auto paints told Me to scrub it with tide or a powder detergent to get any Armour all and the like off then paint and a clear is best I did a center 08 console because ford varys the brown and grey colors over the years so it didn't match My 06

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
check out color bond paints...thats what i just sprayed my entire intior with (including my glow shift pod) they have all colors, and all ford colors..they are oem approced as well. a can of spray paint and a can of adhesion promoter and you will be set

·
Registered
15 Posts
Krylon Paint in a can matched very nice for my CTS pod in the King Ranch..

You can buy it from Rona.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sem makes alot of oem colors. Use an adhesion promoter, like suggested. Bulldog is what I see around my area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts