Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new here and only had my truck for a few months. I have lots of questions and will probably be on here a bit, that being said, I recently tried swapping my interior lights to led. While doing so the rear light housing (crew cab) had broken where the light bulb clips in. This is the interior light not the map lights. Those work just fine. I have not yet replaced the rear light unit but will soon. My front light however works but its only after I unlock the truck or turn the key off. My lights worked just fine before this. When i opened a door they would turn on even when the truck was running, now the switch on the dash will not turn on the interior lights or the bed lights and the lights do not turn on when the door is opened. They also only stay on for a couple minutes and then turn of till I lock the doors with the remote and unlock them. I have not yet checked fuses or any of that stuff and I will but im thinking there is more to this then just a fuse.... thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I honestly wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. I just wanted to share with you that I tried swapping out my interiors as well, and it didn't work. I tried two different brands of lights, and both caused a myriad of problems, from blowing fuses, only half working but at the wrong time, on at all times, never on, etc. It seemed like it depended on which positions were installed, and how many. Made no sense at all. I finally just have up. Others have had success, but not all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts