Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so after trying to read up on this, i finally decided to take the plunge and take apart every switch, button, accessory containing that generic green light color....I have taken apart everything including my AC/Heat control unit. My plan is to re-sodder all the Led's, and lights to make them red. All my window buttoms, aux switches, steering wheel controls, head light switch, fog switch, ect...pretty much everything but the radio only because im planning for a new one will have a red LED....Let me know what everyone thinks....il post pics up of the work in progress when i get home tonight......

BTW..if this is in the wronge section Mods feel free to move..thanks

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
good luck, might buy one red LED to test it out, because i know you can't run RED leds on the dodges, it looks pink, because of the spectrum of light the LED produces and the green light filter that makes the lights show green with the regular incandescent bulb.
On edit: i know the blue works great on the dodge for sure, that's what i swapped all of my lights out too. Are you planning on using superbrightleds.com?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
subscribed, Take LOTS of pics, I would love to see how you get it all done. Main part I am worried about would be the steering wheel controls and the AC/heater controls (if you have the digital setup)

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
subscribed, Take LOTS of pics, I would love to see how you get it all done. Main part I am worried about would be the steering wheel controls and the AC/heater controls (if you have the digital setup)
i will most definitly take pictures and keep everyone updated, i do have the digital steering wheel and ac controls, so that should make for some nerv racking excitment.....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres a place to get started. I know in my instrument cluster bulbs i used b8.5hp bulbs in blue, and neo-5 in my A/C controls, and i used the bulb, not the base, just the bulb and resistor to solder to my headlight switch. By using the LED there is no need to add a seperate resistor.

And i know this is for a dodge, but it will give you a good idea of what is involved.
How-To: LED Dash Conversion for 06-08 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
thanks for the tips, i am planning on doing a custom cluster cover, but changing the bulbs also. And im using another electrical supplier for all the LED's. Im making sure i tested all the lights with a meter and making sure that they are all the same brightness that way theres nothing that stands out brighter than the other.....should be a cool mod when its all done...again thanks for the input..il keep everyone posted...have a feeling this is not gona be a one day mod though.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
SICKS-O changed his to blue, and I think it looks sweet. red should look killer as well! I'm partial to the green though. :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SICKS-O changed his to blue, and I think it looks sweet. red should look killer as well! I'm partial to the green though. :D
see if would like the green if it was a little brighter...to me the green looks like a dull bland color...just my opinion

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
i still think blue would be the best bet, because of the green color spectrum the Blue LEDs should be brightest, not saying the Red ones wont work, I just know they don't on the Dodges, they show up pink.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
i still think blue would be the best bet, because of the green color spectrum the Blue LEDs should be brightest, not saying the Red ones wont work, I just know they don't on the Dodges, they show up pink.
those gauges look great...did you do it yourself or buy it?

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Thier not that bad to do at all.. The only part about the ac controls is that you have to find some blue glass cut and put it in the display.. Other than that every thing is the same... I did my buddies 05 Lariat in blue.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
good job man...i wanna change mine over to blue as well but i dont have the time or patience right now

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After pulling the dash apart, i found what i thought to be true. I will need to replace the guage face, that should clear up the pink issue/concerns. due to the green film on the back of the cluster.....work in progress, snow is delaying me, but i will get pics up asap.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Did you see my write up? You can sand the green part off of the gauge face and you'll be good to go.. Be careful not to sand into the black area or else you'll see i when you put it back on.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Thier not that bad to do at all.. The only part about the ac controls is that you have to find some blue glass cut and put it in the display.. Other than that every thing is the same... I did my buddies 05 Lariat in blue.
Did you see my write up? You can sand the green part off of the gauge face and you'll be good to go.. Be careful not to sand into the black area or else you'll see i when you put it back on.
Yup, still got your write ups, and some of the other discussions saved to my steel trap of a mind LOL

Where this write up?
bah can't quite find a direct write up but plenty of good info by DC here, Changing interior lighting, anyone done it? - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation

1 - 20 of 64 Posts