Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ARMY bound
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. DonM used to hang around powerstroke forums but I haven't seen him in awhile. He must be slammed with Cummins stuff. I've heard nothing but good things about his work.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
How big an injector would a 7.3 need to be runnin for something like this to work? I notice the guys says they can only acurately do these in large injectors.

Anybody in the PSD world workin on anything like it?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
How big an injector would a 7.3 need to be runnin for something like this to work? I notice the guys says they can only acurately do these in large injectors.

If not... they might be doing it now...

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts

Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. There is laser drilling equipment out there that will drill <5um (that's 0.000197") diameter and can do laser milling to any shape and angle you want. I don't think our equipment has that resolution, but it is out there. You could make ovals, rectangles, stars, etc., and angle them to add swirl or variable angles on each one using a 5 axis laser mill. For example:

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
So, a guy with these fancy nozzles on a 250 hybrid would be lookin at an addition of?

A couple K's huh?

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
I have no idea. It wouldn't be cheap - at least for the first few sets thru setup, etc. Have to talk to a shop that has commercial Laser milling setup.

I'm just saying it is possible to most anything you want in regards to shape and angles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts