Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I want to gauge the interest in the Lund Cold front. They are the snap in plastic pieces that go in the grill(almost unnoticable, and can be painted if desired). They help TREMENDOUSLY with cold weather warm up. Lund Stopped making them about 5 years ago when they got bought by keystone Restyling.
I want to see if there is enough interest in them to see if they will make a run of them for us. The average price for these seems to be between $50-75
Here is what they look like

Please put your name and how many you would be interested in.
Just copy and paste the list and add your name. If you have your name on another forum list, DO NOT add here
DO NOT USE QUOTE

Diesel_Brad (2)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Diesel_Brad (2)
Shiftracing17 (1)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
When you say tremendously is this on your 460 gasser? Mine is such a cold Beeeatch.....they do help once moving, at idle mine stays pretty cool even with em on (I run e-fans too).

What the Lund inserts do really well in my area is keep the sand (read: rocks, gravel and salt) from collecting against the IC/rad and other parts behind the grill openings, in the winter. Here in Western Canada there is a notion that spreading so called sand (refer to above) mixed with salt will keep more folks on the highways and out of the ditches..... What really happens is the salt melts the ice/snow and the sand, rocks and gravel become a slurry that blasts your vehicle. I really like mine....

Lund also had a version of inserts which had many small holes patterned on each insert for the guys down South that might be interested too... just saying, in an effort to increase numbers for you Brad.

jrc

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say tremendously is this on your 460 gasser? Mine is such a cold Beeeatch.....they do help once moving, at idle mine stays pretty cool even with em on (I run e-fans too).

jrc
No. This was in my Old 97 PSD. Had a hard time getting good heat in the winter months driving on the highway. As soon as I put them in it would warm up faster in the driveway AND i would have good heat driving down the road. There is so much airflow with these trucks I left the cold front in year round

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Lund got back to me. They FLAT OUT SAID NO. but gave me the company who manufactured them for lund. I am Checking with them

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't know if this would help my 351w but my bronco takers FOREVER to warm up in the cold alaskan winter. Count me in.

Diesel_Brad (2)
Shiftracing17 (1)
Countryboy07(1)
reptillikus (1)
FSBGuy (1)

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Diesel_Brad (2)
Shiftracing17 (1)
Countryboy07(1)
reptillikus (1)
FSBGuy (1)
Evans213(1)

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
BTW my stock grill is going back in I will be starting a thread soon on my build....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Any update on whether or not they can be made?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Diesel_Brad (2)
Shiftracing17 (1)
Countryboy07(1)
reptillikus (1)
FSBGuy (1)
Evans213(1)
Smoothcriminal 1
kramarj(2)

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am supposed to begetting a phone call back monday or tuesday from production department

And kramarj thanks for fixing the list for Smoothcriminal, I guess he cant read:doh:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Diesel_Brad (2)
Shiftracing17 (1)
Countryboy07(1)
reptillikus (1)
FSBGuy (1)
Evans213(1)
Smoothcriminal 1
kramarj(2)
Glovemeister (4)
madpogue (1)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Made this a few years back...And to be honest there isnt much difference between having it on or off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts