·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Yes, and not very big.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like to me it would make the air charge warmer than with the air-to-air i mean tell me if im wrong i rather have 80* air coolin my air charge rather than 200* antifreeze just my .02

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looks like to me it would make the air charge warmer than with the air-to-air i mean tell me if im wrong i rather have 80* air coolin my air charge rather than 200* antifreeze just my .02
I believe the intercooler has its only seperate water supply *I think* so hopefully it won't get that warm

but I am along the lines of you, I guess Ford did tons of testing but I know natural water takes a while to gain temperature, but at the same time holds onto the temp for a while. Works great at the track when you can just refil the resevoir with some more ice water, but I just wonder about how well it works when towing accross New Mexico or Arizona or something :shrug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2011 super duty 6.7 has 2 cooling systems a primary which consists of engine, oil cooler, primary side of the egr cooler. the secondary cooling system takes care of the rest ie, cac, trans, secondary side of egr etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The thermostat for the secondary cooling, for the inter-cooler and fuel cooler, is set at 113* F. There are 2 separate cooling systems. And the radiator for the secondary cooling is divided into 2 sections one at 113* and the other at 140*. The primary cooling system has 2 thermostats as well, one opens at 194* the other at 201* this regulates the flow to keep the temps from dropping too quick. So it looks like they have everything set up to be run right at their optimum temperature. To say the cooling system is complicated would be an understatement.

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
This thing is starting to look like the engine room from a large ship, separated cooling systems, and stuff like that. But then the automotive industry has always been taking stuff from marine applications.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts