Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually pulled there intercooler out and cleaned it ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes! You would be surprised with how much grass seed can get in there! The radiator traps alot more because the fins are much closer together.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Yes! You would be surprised with how much grass seed can get in there! The radiator traps alot more because the fins are much closer together.
i think he was reffering to the inside, where all the oil settles b4 the ccv reroutes get done:poke:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ya not much oil was in mine....
Either way they should be cleaned between the fins....

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Im referring to inside of the intercooler, maybe dump some purple power in there or something.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
zep brake kleen, shake it for a bit then dump it out

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont think purple power would hurt Dillon ?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Dont think purple power would hurt Dillon ?
never used it, the zep brake kleen will break it down really fast and wont hurt aluminum, should come out like water after the zep hits it, u could try either one, maybe one will work better than the other, did u loose a seal on ur turbo, or just residual over time?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Residual over time just thinking I should clean it, 7 yrs later you know.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Residual over time just thinking I should clean it, 7 yrs later you know.
ya kinda where im at one mine, im guna get my ic tubes painted this week, tryin to find a technicooler for it

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Debting new upgrade or just clean mine lol. Really shouldnt be spending anymore money since I dont have much left.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Debting new upgrade or just clean mine lol. Really shouldnt be spending anymore money since I dont have much left.
clean urs out at good as you can and put a technicooler in when u get the money

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
You could always use some dawn dishwasher detergent. It will break down the oil and then will wash out.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
:whs: Some of the citrus based degreasers work real well too . Hung it upside down to dry out .

·
Registered
620 Posts
I did a CCV reroute on my 02 and waited several monthes then pulled the cooler to put in a 6.0. I set the 7.3 cooler on end and the next day there was a puddle of oil the size of a basketball. A good cleaning couldn't hurt...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts