Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What intercooler do u guys like and how much temp drop did you see??

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Why are you wanting a new IC?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for egt temp drop pretty much....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Man it seems like your just posting up ALOT of questions........are you going to do anything or are you just talking?

You need to use the search on this site and do some research, because what you are asking has been asked a million times and there are many threads on this info. This is about the 3rd thread in a short time

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
i was told that the 6.0 IC is a good one, i dont see a need to upgrade unless you do a lot of heavy towing or racing. I just dont see a need in spending that kind of money if its not really needed. Im sure someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i was told that the 6.0 IC is a good one, i dont see a need to upgrade unless you do a lot of heavy towing or racing. I just dont see a need in spending that kind of money if its not really needed. Im sure someone else will chime in.
This is correct.......the stocker is GTG as long as you don't split the tanks from too much boost.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haved used the search guy...no info on temp change...and yes im going to do all of this...dont be getting all anal about a few questions if you dont like dont answer....But any way i should have searched with the injector??s I had alot of info on big injectors and towing....but guess what i learned about twice as much about towing with sticks from you guys on my post over the older posts i had searched for and read.....

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See why couldnt u have just said that......and u have been very helpfull and i understand all the d bags asking question and then not even doin #### cuz there broke or just STROKERS

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I haved used the search guy...no info on temp change...and yes im going to do all of this...dont be getting all anal about a few questions if you dont like dont answer and second...i dont really want your input any way 13.9 LOL my crew cab long box goes faster then that stock with a lil smack and studs @ 5000FT....But any way i should have searched with the injector??s I had alot of info on big injectors and towing....but guess what i learned about twice as much about towing with sticks from you guys on my post over the older posts i had searched for and read.....
Laugh all you want.........like I said getting a coil sprung truck out of the hole w/o some type of traction modification is tough. I did the same time on just a tune as I did w/ injectors and turbo........since then I have blown another set of HG's and put larger injectors and a NON VGT turbo and just dynoed 581 and backed it up w/ a dyno of 559 and am waiting to get the new HG's and the block oringed.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I edited my post bro...it was rude like i said u have been super helpfull and i dont wanna start a pissing contest like i said i just want ur guys input because it seems like when i spend alot of money on parts i go online and everybody hates the #### ya know. just a few question and trust me ur not wasting your time THANK U...And i have read all ur post about your HG probs...Sucky man...

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
:grouphug: i feel the love now LOL

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
To the OP, Spearco is better than Banks IMO, but an ATS beats all. I saw about 140*F improvement, as an average.
The guys are right though, the stock IC is more than capable of properly cooling/gharging the air, I merely did mine because the oppourtunity arose, and the price was right.
...do as you see fit.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right on guys thanks a ton ..

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Keep the stocker until it blows or you get bigger sticks or turbo. I have the Banks Technicooler setup and really didn't notice any difference, though I didn't have the EGT gauge before. No power or mileage increase.

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
To get the full benefit of a larger IC, it seems to me that you need to complete the package with the bigger boost tubes and intake.

More air to move, to get more denser (sorry for my country grammar) air to the injectors.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts