Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my intercooler boots are worn out on my 02 and i am looking at different sites and price checking and i got to thinking can you use radiator type hose for boots instead of buying the boots from a website?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used some radiator hose on mine. Been on there 3 years and no issues. I was gonna get the boots but they seem overpriced to me and the radiator hose was left over from a hose on one of our semi trucks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think its 3 inch inside diameter

·
Reloading
429 Posts
RiffRaff has good prices but If I were to do it again I'd go with DieselSites boots and high end clamps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree they have nice stuff but if i can save money and use radiator hose thats the way i am going to go. there just intercooler boots and as long as they don't leak it should be fine

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
yup 3 i.d. rad hose

you can get it cheap at napa

i keep a peice in my truck just incase i need to make a boot on the side of the road

·
Registered
702 Posts
Would rad hose be good enough for a low boost truck like under 20lbs?

·
Registered
702 Posts
sweet, screw buying boots.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the dieselsite version on my old 2000, worked great, but radiator hose sounds like a decent low cost solution, particularly if you are running low boost. My current trunk looks like it had Ford OEM replacements added before I bought it. Speculation on my part, not based on experience, but I expect doing the CCV mod would make the radiator hoses last a lot longer; you would have to think that radiator hose won't hold up as well to oil as the dieselsite/riffraff etc. function specific hose .....

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
The only thing is your IC boots go from 3-3 1/4..

Ive ran the stock ones with my setup and finally bit the bullet and bought the riff raff ones. Diesel site seems very steep but I assume you get what you pay for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts