Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is stock. my buddy got hit in the rear on his 01 and totalled his truck out. i just picked up a bunch of parts off the truck. i left the turbo since everyone keeps telling me its not worth the swap. i grabbed the intercooler, piping, intake y pipe, black 120 idm, extra ecm, extra a/c compressor, extra alternator, stock trans cooler and ALL 8 AD injectors...

I think im going to go pick up the big intakes on the heads...

I plan on installing the intercooler,black 120 idm, and AD injectors... i guess for now ill pick up a early 99 y pipe off ebay so i dont have to change the intakes just yet. i hear the late 99 up y pipe wont work anyways even if i change the intakes since the turbo inlet is smaller on my stock turbo...if i changed the intakes is it worth chopping off the flange on the later ypipe and weld on the smaller flange if its true? will the truck even run or run right with the AD injectors on stock tune? i plan on chipping it just not yet...

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
You will need to get your chip burned for ad's to run them. They are split shots and will run but probably not very well. and im sure the y pipe can be modified if thats what you want to do.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The ECM of the superduty won't work on your OBS truck. The pinouts are different and you will either fry the ECM or fry your wiring.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You will need to get your chip burned for ad's to run them. They are split shots and will run but probably not very well. and im sure the y pipe can be modified if thats what you want to do.
this not true, i am running ADs on AA programing and it runs just great.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine ran AD's fine on single tunes too....

If I were you I'd pick up the turbo and the Hpop too....Swapping the turbo in your case might be worth it depending on pricing because all the little parts are available to you....When you have to buy all that it becomes not worth it...Your parts swapping will likely go together alot smoother with all the SD parts and you'll open yourself up to more turbo options.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
My bad guys, Thanks for correcting me. I thought you needed tunes for split shots to make em run right. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
splits will run on single progaming but singles will not run well at all on split programing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts