·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you like the interceptor and how did the wiring/install go?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I love it.

the wiring.... um its one wire that plugs into the obd2 port.....thats it.

I also have a fuel psi sending and 5v harness hooked into one of the analong ports.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so do elaborate on this please

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i see what it does, but how did you wire it and what sensors do i need to make the most of this gauge?

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i hook one wire up to my obd port and it will tell me everything that the gauge has a parameter for- and i don't need any sensors on any of these parameters? temps, pressures, cylinder head temp, etc, etc.

# RPM
# MPH
# Intake Air Temperature
# Intake Air Temperature 2 (charge air temp)
# Mass Air Flow Sensor Counts
# Mass Air Flow Sensor (lb/min.)
# Engine Coolant Temperature
# Long Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
# Short Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
# O2 Sensor Voltage (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
# Manifold Pressure in PSI (Boost pressure for factory turbo/supercharger applications)
# Ignition Advance
# Cylinder head temperature
# Engine Run Time
# Battery Voltage
# Throttle Position Percentage
# Throttle Position Voltage
# Engine Load
# Calculated Horsepower*
# Instantaneous and average fuel economy*
# 2 user configurable analog inputs**
# Injector Pulse Width
# Injector Duty Cycle
# Fuel Pump Duty Cycle (returnless systems)
# Fuel Pressure (returnless systems)
# Transmission Temperature (Automatics)
# Transmission slip
# Calculated Engine Torque
# Injector Control Pressure (diesel)
# Injector Timing (diesel)
# Engine oil temp (diesel)

i am not sure that i am being clear here- i see that they have analog ports and they sell all kinds of senors. if i go with this gauge then i want to make sure that i get the most out of it and if it means another $800 in sensors and pigtails than it is not worth it to me. if it plugs into the obd and it shows me all of the above then it is worth it to me. which one of these parameters do not work with just plugging it into the obd and which ones need an additional sensor? where is your fuel sensor located on the motor and what is the 5v harness for? doesn't the pcm read fuel pressure?

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also i don't recall the pcm measuring exhaust temp so can i piggy back the pyro probe wires and supply a reading to my auto meter gauge AND the interceptor?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
also i don't recall the pcm measuring exhaust temp so can i piggy back the pyro probe wires and supply a reading to my auto meter gauge AND the interceptor?
if you already have a pyro gauge with the probe in the driver side exhaust manifold then I wouldnt hook up the pyro to the scan gauge.

heres a pic of the "wire" for the scan gauge.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
IMO, well worth the money, i wish i had gotten in on the group buy in over on FTE but i said nah i dont need it, well now im kickin myself. So if your looking for a gauge that does everything, get this one.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I have one and really like it. It will not read coolant temp, timing, or fuel pressure just so you know. Aeroforce also has good customer service.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks tom- i ordered one up today. we will see what kind of crazy questions i have when i open up the box.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Man I wish I would have seen this sooner.

I have 3 of these gauges here at the shop.

If anyone is interested let me know.

We love this gauge.

Tom,

The interceptor in my bros truck will read coolant temp

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I don't use the coolant temp either. It's not accurate. I did install an analog temp sensor, but for what it's worth, just set it for oil temps and you should be with in 5 to 10 degrees of coolant temp.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts