Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay for those of you that read te last post sorry for all the confusion, I'm not out for arguements, have something bad to say, say it don't type it.Questions are welcme though. Here is the OBS intake kit summed up. It isnt finished, it needs to be prettied up, but thats it. It preforms like a SOB and WAAAAAAAY better than my old S&B.
My egts dropped about 160+ degrees, its hard to imagine but dang guys I wouldnt lie to yall.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
looks good to me. I was thinkin of doin somethin similar with my aFe Big boost and some diamond plate I found.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Filter looks kinda on the small side . Looks just as cheesy as the last one I saw. Sorry man I speak what I feel.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Filter looks kinda on the small side . Looks just as cheesy as the last one I saw. Sorry man I speak what I feel.
and thats why we love ya aljay.....although i do disagree lol, i think for a homemade intake the craftsmen ship is wonderful. sure it could use a bigger filter but hey if isolating drops your egts that much more power to ya man way to go!

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The filter is pretty big. Its and 8 inch filter. It isnt like yalls BHAF, but it flows waaaayyy better. It honestly is like putting an intercooler on my pickup, I didn't think that a intake could do what this did. It kicks ass

Honesty is great man and speakin your word is your right and ability, but I'm not out for an arguement.

Cheers fellas,
Dylan

·
Registered
448 Posts
its gotta be the heat sheild that made alot of the difference

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Looks Great. Glad it worked for you. I might do that some time:D

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
and thats why we love ya aljay.....although i do disagree lol, i think for a homemade intake the craftsmen ship is wonderful. sure it could use a bigger filter but hey if isolating drops your egts that much more power to ya man way to go!
I'd like to see the temp drop of one of these $$$$ intakes vs my homespun tymar.

The filter is pretty big. Its and 8 inch filter. It isnt like yalls BHAF, but it flows waaaayyy better. It honestly is like putting an intercooler on my pickup, I didn't think that a intake could do what this did. It kicks ass

Honesty is great man and speakin your word is your right and ability, but I'm not out for an arguement.

Cheers fellas,
Dylan
My truck is intercooled :shrug: No way to compare this filter setup to an intercooler.

I like not having to jack with (clean) a filter. Nice work man but really where is your battery.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
glad it worked for you, where'd the battery go

·
Registered
448 Posts
lol believe me aljay i agree, and i love my tymar too lol im just saying the guy has put some nice work into his heat sheild and i like that but heck i commented so im out yall ttyl

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks fellas. Theres only one way to witness the effects of this intake and I've seen what a tymar intake left behind personally and all I can say is no truck I own will have it or the Napa. It works great, flows a ton, and the money you put in a intercooler is way more than the money you put in this and seriously it lowered my egt's that much. It lowered them over my S&B. See me running around? stop me ask me, I'll let you drive it. Burleson, TX look for me

Im sure the mods love me preaching another persons product while the paying site sponsers dont get benifits from it so I'm done posting on this thread.

Thanks again,
Dylan

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Where does it drop your EGT's by 160*? At cruise, at WOT, pulling a trailer, and is this pre-turbo or post-turbo? I'm asking, as a 160* EGT drop from a stock intake to an aftermarket intake is huge, let alone something like a TYMAR to this.

Also, you need to relocate your IAT sensor, it's not designed to be directly in the airstream.

Dave

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
might be a stupid ? but where does the 3/4" hose coming off of the intake go?

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its post turbo reading. Thats all across the band. Post turbo a WOT I dont touch 850*.

I didnt think the IAT sensor was suppose to be but it works flawlessly.

The hose comes from the other valve cover to pull an CCV evenly across the motor.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
So you built that? Or did you buy it from Jobe? Because I'd like to know someone retarded enough to pay what he asks for an intake...

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Its post turbo reading. Thats all across the band. Post turbo a WOT I dont touch 850*.

I didnt think the IAT sensor was suppose to be but it works flawlessly.

The hose comes from the other valve cover to pull an CCV evenly across the motor.
You have to have more than 90 cc of fuel to get hotter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.