Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there only 2 stock variations? Just curious as i did a egr block off on mine as well as on a 03 and noticed that the other had some sort of crossover across the rear of the manifold. must be something exclusive to 03? better or worse design?

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 03's have the crossover, the later models do not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i think they re designed the 05 so you can pull the intake off with out removing the turbocharger that crossover peace might get in the way 0n the 03

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
i think they re designed the 05 so you can pull the intake off with out removing the turbocharger that crossover peace might get in the way 0n the 03
Not quite. The nub that sticks off the back where the EGR cooler hangs from makes it quite a pain to get past the turbo. That's why it gets cut off.

There are at least 3 that I know of. 03 manifold with the crossover. 04 manifolds with no crossover and no EGR diverters around where the valves are. But have air channels in the roof that fill with the soot,oil,wax buildup. 05 manifolds with EGR diverters and smooth roofs. The 04 manifold is usually identifiable with the crosshatch pattern below the inlet hole in the front.

On my EGR deletes and the stage 1 ported manifolds. I have been cutting the EGR diverter walls out of the mouth of the intake when I cut the backs off of them. Since it was designed to restrict EGR flow to the passenger side slightly.

However, the 04 manifold is slightly necked down around the passenger side as it has a gap between the egr passage on the backside. Personally since the diverter walls aren't there it makes my job a little easier since I don't have to go to town with the porting bit on the inside of the manifold.

Just a few things I have found while cutting them open and digitizing points on the CNC machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts