Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For pulling heavy and keeping egts low what would be a better starting point? Anyone know if the intake from Doug lowers egts for sure.
Thanks.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Do both. If I had to pick one I would go with the intake manifold hands down. It actually flows more air which will help with your egts where I dont think you are high enough in Hp to really utilize the benefits of an intercooler. Not sayin it wouldnt help but think you would have better luck with the intake manifold.

·
matt
911 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
689 Posts
manifold over the intercooler system.

For the intercooler system, the biggest effect is the intercooler its self. Getting bigger tubes does not do that much with flow.

I strongly suggest not removing the egr part of the manifold. Emissions will eat your a$$ in the future...

·
The Younger
68 Posts
stick with a manifold, i did a sloppy port job this weekend on an extra manifold i had and it dropped my egts about 70 degrees. I looked inside with a flexible viewer and the stockers are bad. An larger intercooler wont do much and it could add a bit more lag.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have a Banks intercooler with larger intake elbow. It dropped my exhaust temps and Made my 03 turbo spool quicker. You have seat of the pants feel and picked up a bit on the mileage. I do not know anything about the Gogo intakes other than I want one. Does anyone know if they make one but leave the EGR intact? I tried emailing the question but never got an answer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a Banks intercooler with larger intake elbow. It dropped my exhaust temps and Made my 03 turbo spool quicker. You have seat of the pants feel and picked up a bit on the mileage. I do not know anything about the Gogo intakes other than I want one. Does anyone know if they make one but leave the EGR intact? I tried emailing the question but never got an answer.
I too would like to know this.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
GoGo's intake has the complete EGR system cut out. Not just capped but the exhaust gas distributor is actually cut out.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
No gogo does not make an intake manifold with the EGR system still intact.

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
I'll vote for the GOGO manifold over the IC. My PowerMax spools and boosts MUCH better with the Stage 1 installed. No more dead spots or lagging in the higher RPM ranges.

Since I was running a Spearco with the stock turbo/stock manifold and the PowerMax/stock manifold configurations I know the GOGO stepped up the game.

EGT wise I can't say I got any lowering of the EGTs with the Spearco/PowerMax over stock. Using the Powermax/GOGO I will say the EGTs are lower in the 15-20+ PSI boost range by 100* if not more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts