Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '06 6.0 SD. Just curious if I were to put a intake, exhaust (maybe 4" mbrp, or cheap way and just straight pipe it) and intake elbow, do i need studs?? and how long will it last if i did all of the above and put the SCT i have on it....5k miles? IMO i dont think it will make it that far but not really sure...i need some advice!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
All that will be OK on stock heads. Just dont tow with a high power tune and you should be good for a while, but it is not a guarantee...

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
It could last 150k on an sct, or 5k. Its all luck of the draw. :ford: Personally, I ran banks for about 35k and now I've had around another 30k sct on stock gaskets/bolts. I've studded now for about 20k, not because I blew them but because the funds were available.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should i be wary of how often i put my foot into it? what kinda of fuel mileage do yall see with tunes? mine is avg. 14.4 in town and maybe just maybe 19 w/o tuner on the hwy, IF im not passing stupid that cant drive.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Like I said.
You could never put your foot into and you could blow the gaskets.
Or
You could always put your foot into it and never blow the gaskets.
It's just how these trucks work. Some are lemons :doh:
I avg: 19-22 on highway. Hand calculated (not the liometer) on 35's w/ 3.73 gears

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
you many get 5-50 or 100k miles with those mods..just as stated above, dont run any wild tunes and be sure that the tunes you do run are for stock bolts and you should be good, your clutch on the other hand will probably need a replacement sooner then later with the tunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts