Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I never measured it, but been told by several you gotta be careful when using water injection+nitrous. You could end up with a block of ice in the intake, or small iceballs balsting through the intake valves. Very hard on parts.

Also, its good for other things too, though on a limited scale. Check out Diesel power magazine. I believe the guy who won the mpg challenge was spraying a small shot the whole time. Ended up getting like 45 mpg on a duramax.
Probably a very small jet. .010 or maybe a 0.020
I think they said it was a low pressure system. Also I believe nitrous injects at -173* or temperatures around there.
Check out the graph on page 4. http://www.o2-technology.com/tech/TheNitrousOxideTemperaturePressureRelationship.pdf

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
I think they said it was a low pressure system. Also I believe nitrous injects at -273* or something like that.
Yeah, he was probably fogging it in the air filter instead of spraying direct in the intercooler piping. I couldnt remember the temps, but its dang cold.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Yeah and it only got him second! Doesn't that stuff cost like a dollar a minute to run lol?

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Yeah and it only got him second! Doesn't that stuff cost like a dollar a minute to run lol?
Probly be close to that. 10 lb bottle is about $30-40 to refill so..... But at the small amounts he was using it wouldnt burn up much.

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
On the refrigerent to control the temp couldnt you use an expansion valve instead of on orfice tube? They control the amount of flow to a set point.

I also believe ford worked on this years ago using the stock a/c system and found that it did cool but the draw on the engine was more than it helped.?

A company Im working with is also working on something similiar but not useing "freon". I cant say any more than that but Ive seen some testing and they are cooling the air about 20-30* at load conditions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I never measured it, but been told by several you gotta be careful when using water injection+nitrous. You could end up with a block of ice in the intake, or small iceballs balsting through the intake valves. Very hard on parts.

Also, its good for other things too, though on a limited scale. Check out Diesel power magazine. I believe the guy who won the mpg challenge was spraying a small shot the whole time. Ended up getting like 45 mpg on a duramax.
Probably a very small jet. .010 or maybe a 0.020
Dimitri was getting 35ish if I remember right. The guy that got 45 was on LPG I thought.

Learning a lot here. Good info.:bowfast:

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Dimitri was getting 35ish if I remember right. The guy that got 45 was on LPG I thought.

Learning a lot here. Good info.:bowfast:
That is what I remember.

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
can someone tell me how to "measure" this? or explain this a little better?
I think the poster was essentially saying that the HP gain vs. the HP it takes turn the compressor is the same or less without out it.

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
I don't know if there is a simple way to do this. Because you will want to measure this when your system has a heavy load placed on it.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
kinda thought so, i mean its not like i can use mpg as the test, to many variables. i suppose a dyno would work, but would be expensive, all the ones around here charge by the run, no discount for multiple runs. any one have a idea, even if it aint perfect, a way to get a general idea of the draw??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well it’s 9 years later... how’d your system turn out? Did you ever find the optimum IAT? Or how much timing advance you were able/wise to add in relation to IAT?

to the nation.
anyone fogging intake runners with LPG?
Down sides? (Displacement of charge air)
(Pre Detonation)<like my weiner.

LPG as the fuel to go with the Nitrous spray?

I have tried to figure if you could use LPG as the refrigerant in your A/c.
Recirculating the LPG to cool the cabin until commanded liquid state injection,
from a common rail of the high side, strait into the plenum, pulsing related to DCR<degree of crank rotation, then packing that cold fuel in with high charge air pressures.
replenishing the system through the low side linked to your LPG storage at ambient.
I’d love to get this thread going again.
I think my theory is feasible if safety could be ensured for the cabin. Yet that’s why you where fire suits on the track....

I thinking of pumping the LPG just like the hpop moves oil volume.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I’m thinking something along the lines of what the dodge demon uses.
Takes another core working off the existing ac system bolted into the intake.
They loose some power from parasitic losses but end up making more from the denser air charge.
The original idea the op had was definitely a cool idea though!

81 - 98 of 98 Posts