Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
me too! one of mine went out from 70-100 so that whole area is dark. want to change to blue. from what i heard all you have to do is change it to the color you want but not sure. i dont wanna change the resistors or anything just wanna change the bulb

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ripped mine apart. Turns out there is green paint on the back of the gauge faces. I used a razor blade to scrape it off. Now they are clear. So I either have to find translucent paint or colored bulbs. Maybe LEDs.

·
Registered
922 Posts
yea i want some led's but not sure what to get hopefully someone will chime in that knows

·
Registered
922 Posts
nice! ill give them a call on monday!

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I purchased the US Speedo replacement gauge face and it has blue lights. I have had it on my truck for probably 3 years or more. It was the first mod I ever did to my truck. It originally came with blue everything, pointers etc. but I swapped them out for red pointers. US Speedo even installed it for me for free. Dont remember how much it was but want to say it was like 100 bucks or something. Either way it transformed my truck and I really like it and cant even remember what my truck use to look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Painted mine red with transparent glass paint. Looks good holding it up to light. Have to see what it looks like in the truck. But heater controls are LED. So I would have to solder in different color diodes.

·
Registered
922 Posts
post a pic when your done with it

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would love to change the color of my gauges. But then u still have all the other lights like climate control, 4x4, window controls. It would be a project. I remember seeing a thread on the .org that a guy we t through and changed every light in the truck. It look awesome

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
hasnt done wonders for me on this. i dont know what size bulb it is. and i dont wanna go though all that work on changing everything. yes it looks sweet but not worth my time i just wanna do the dash lights since one of mine went out

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
some of the guage faces have the green on the back that you can take off carefully with some alcohol or a solution like that, in my case, i had to replace the entire guage face. i went with a blackcatcustom guage face, talked to them extesnivley about what i wanted. Made it easier to change all the bulbs out as well to make the guages light up as i wanted them to. They even recommended that i use bulbs rather than LEDs because the the amount of glow from a bulbs would fill the cluster better...which they were dead right about...

·
546 Posts
some of the guage faces have the green on the back that you can take off carefully with some alcohol or a solution like that, in my case, i had to replace the entire guage face. i went with a blackcatcustom guage face, talked to them extesnivley about what i wanted. Made it easier to change all the bulbs out as well to make the guages light up as i wanted them to. They even recommended that i use bulbs rather than LEDs because the the amount of glow from a bulbs would fill the cluster better...which they were dead right about...
That's sweet I really like the overhead cb and switches. I think I saw a pic of your truck in diesel power the other day. Clean truck.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
How did you change the climate control colors? Those are super small LEDs! Thats what I'm having trouble with. The same with steering wheel controls. Sweet truck though.
we do it at the shop...there all surface mount leds, very big PIA, lot of volt testing and soldering haha but looks cool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.