Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my instrument cluster caught fire the otherday, and as far as i can tell all ive lost is the fuel gauge. I cant find anywhere to buy new pcbs, but theres some electronic on a chip that also burnt out, maybe the culprit. Anyone have answers to the following questions?

What is the burnt out electronic in the first picture? Ive noticed that alot of these new clusters on ebay do not come with the board that the fried piece is attached to...
Circuit component Finger Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Thumb

Can anyone make that make sense for me? Do i also need to figure out how to repair it or replace it? Whats it called?

Id like to replace this whole
cluster with a truck one and gain a tach but not im worried as i exhausted all my local junkyards, i might end up spending a bunch of money for nothing...

Really appreciate any help guys, i dont really know how to use forums so i gope i didnt post outnof place or something, i intend to learn as i go.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's called the anti-slosh module. It's not used in trucks or vans - only in cab/chassis & RV-prep. But it's VERY common in late-80s to late-90s cars because it also controls the low fuel light. But cars with a "check gauge" light use a different module, so ignore those.

Reactions: captnaufragio

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done bud thanks!
So when my electrical fire happened, the only thing as far as ive noticed that i lost, was my fuel gauge. I wonder if that when my new truck cluster comes (gonna try and replace my van cluster with a 96 truck one so i can get me a tach, i got some schematics that will hopefully help me repin) that ill find my fuel gauge rockin about as i do not have another antislosh module to install... guess we will see! At least now i know what to look for i really appreciate it, youre the man!
It's called the anti-slosh module. It's not used in trucks or vans - only in cab/chassis & RV-prep. But it's VERY common in late-80s to late-90s cars because it also controls the low fuel light. But cars with a "check gauge" light use a different module, so ignore those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts