Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at flying to Florida and pick up my truck and swinging through NC to ruddys to pick up some goodies. What does it take to install the tunner? I would like to put it on before i make the 1,000 mile trip home to save on fuel.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
putting the delete pipe up and 30 mins to download the tunes and u will be good til u get home to add more goodies. Aaron at rudys will get u set up the correct way.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
I hear the tunes take a while to load.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
the first tune usually takes the longest cause it needs to save the stock file. after that it usually cuts the time in half.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probably just put on the tunner and do the rest at home.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
sounds like a plan. keep us updated. good luck man and have fun

·
Registered
400 Posts
I will probably just put on the tunner and do the rest at home.
without the delete pipe? kinda currious what kind of mileage they get just with the tuner. I know it cant be that much better or maybe im wrong

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure about it but i just dont want to break off some rusty bolt and be stranded 1000 miles from home

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
without the delete pipe? kinda currious what kind of mileage they get just with the tuner. I know it cant be that much better or maybe im wrong
I just got my tunner from Arron at ruddys and i got the exhaust at the same time but its coming from somewhere different so I am waiting on that . I installed the 150 dpf on tune and i am just going off the lie o meter but i was getting 9.5 empty and just got back from a 150 mile trip and the lie o meter shows 17.9 and i added tunner with a half tank of fuel i could only get 365 miles out of a tank no matter how i drive it. well after getting back from this little trip its over 400miles on this tank so far with 40 to E so I am impressed so far with tunner . I am going to run a full tank before i switch the exhaust and tunner. then with the 250 no dpf and see the difference.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool every little bit helps.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Talked to Aaron he said he didn't think the you would see much difference if i don't put the exhaust on too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts