Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling a CR out of a 2002 fummins SD along with 4r100 tranny. What will I need to change on the 97?

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plan on doing a project on the build forum. Should turn out to be a good project. However need to do some prep work.

Sent from my iPhone using

·
Smoothcriminal
249 Posts
I also have had some interest in this. I have a 99 cummins, ive thought about takein the motor out an keepin for when the 7.3 dies, but then again I have a 53 block so figured it wasnt worth the time. Has 276,000 runs like a top. Still a good idea though for anyone that wanted to. I will keep tabs on this build!

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have the stand alone computer for the 4r100. The engine has a PCM that is NOT from a dodge.

Will the motor mounts fit?
AC pump, does it need to be relocated?
Engine has a cable throttle, will a gas job cable for cc work?
Planning to keep the batteries the way they are.
Planning on a BD exhaust brake, will valve springs need to be changed?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
408 Posts
I also have had some interest in this. I have a 99 cummins, ive thought about takein the motor out an keepin for when the 7.3 dies, but then again I have a 53 block so figured it wasnt worth the time. Has 276,000 runs like a top. Still a good idea though for anyone that wanted to. I will keep tabs on this build!
Some crack, some dont. There's more info out there to check out the 53 you have, with some measurements to see if yours is likely to fail or not. I think the measurement was .230 at the freeze plug between 3 and 4. Thicker, and no reports of cracked. I know of some trucks worked real hard, beat on, blowing up transmission etc, with 53's and no cracks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts