Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
d-man
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i can say is wow! this chip is awesome, i havent driven the truck much yet, just around the neighborhood but so far so good. It smokes like crazy and has tons of extra top end power. Low end doesnt seem to be as strong as i had hoped but i then again ive only driven it for about 10 minutes and havent gotten it out on the road yet so we will see how it does tomorrow.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Spectacular! Tony's a great guy and really knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Excellent. Let us know what you think about the power and smoothness when shifting through the gears. I think us handhsaker types get left behind in the updates and avdvancing of tuning these trucks. I have new(er) tunes coming as I write this.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Hey Firehunter:

If your wife fights fires right alongside you, is she still technically a Firemen?

Or is Firemen not a correct term, and Firefighter is more appropriate?

:shrug:

On Edit:

Holy sh*t..... I just looked that up. Seems like that's a hotbed for old farts to give women firefighters hell over. Damn. How long have women been working as firefighters?

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
hahah way to ask a totally off topic question lol.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
:whs:

Actually, i'm interested in the SOTP data

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
all i can say is wow! this chip is awesome, i havent driven the truck much yet, just around the neighborhood but so far so good. It smokes like crazy and has tons of extra top end power. Low end doesnt seem to be as strong as i had hoped but i then again ive only driven it for about 10 minutes and havent gotten it out on the road yet so we will see how it does tomorrow.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Just wait - It only gets better.......

Which tunes did you get?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey Firehunter:

If your wife fights fires right alongside you, is she still technically a Firemen?

Or is Firemen not a correct term, and Firefighter is more appropriate?

:shrug:

On Edit:

Holy sh*t..... I just looked that up. Seems like that's a hotbed for old farts to give women firefighters hell over. Damn. How long have women been working as firefighters?

Charles, you're lucky you live on the opposite coast. The wife just said, "Evidently he didn't see my helmet (red), that would be Captain to him!" LOL Totally off subject, she has earned everything she has in her career so she is highly respected within the fire community. 5'3" 125lbs and gets the job done. I don't have her truck listed but she drives an '02 7.3L CC/LB/4x4 identical to mine except hers is an auto. After driving the ladder truck she has no problem wheeling her PSD around. :ford:

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Charles, you're lucky you live on the opposite coast. The wife just said, "Evidently he didn't see my helmet (red), that would be Captain to him!" LOL Totally off subject, she has earned everything she has in her career so she is highly respected within the fire community. 5'3" 125lbs and gets the job done. I don't have her truck listed but she drives an '02 7.3L CC/LB/4x4 identical to mine except hers is an auto. After driving the ladder truck she has no problem wheeling her PSD around. :ford:
Well if she's angry because I was curious about the term Firemen that I see as a sexist term, and an out-of-date one at that....

Then I give.

Just seemed like firefighter would work better, regardless of rank.

And besides, she may be your captain, but she is not mine. lol.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Charles, she was smiling when she said it. And she may not be your Captain unless you need a fire engine or an ambulance in her area. Odds are that someday you will need an ambulance and when they show up, they ARE your ____________ (firefighter, medic, Captain, etc.) and you will appreciate it.

Firefighter is the accepted term.

Now, how about those TW chips!

·
d-man
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tunes are all very smooth. i got the daily, heavy tow, street, extreme and smoke tunes. I dont know about anyone else but my daily tune has like half the power of stock and i dont know whats up with that....if anyone has this tune and its not like this let me know and chime in...the heavy tow is awesome, it doesnt have much end torque but once the it lights the turbo at around 1600 rpm it just wants to go, ive been driving it in this tune the most. The street and extreme are awesome tunes and are VERY fast!!!!!!:D
Both are pretty smoothe, pull extremely hard and dump enough fuel to smoke out anyone behind you and whole instersections for that matter. This morning i roasted my 35 mt's in 2nd gear for probly 50-75 feet! The smoke is really pointless IMO and it doesent really smoke anymore then the street and extreme settings. If anyone here is thinking about getting one i would say go for the heavy tow, street and extreme setting.

If you have a TW chip let me know how your daily tune is because i thought it was supposed to have more power then stock, mine has no power in this tune...is this normal?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I also love my heavy tow! My daily has more bottom end than my heavy tow, alot touchier. Yes smoke is pointless, if it's like mine you can't even drive in it till fourth gear. And I wish my extreme would roast my 35's for 50-75 ft! I usually get a "chirp" from 1st to 2nd....I'm sending mine back to get smoke off and econ put on. Also getting my high idle moved. While he's at it I might have him look into adjusting my extreme, cause like I said mine won't even try to light my 35's unless its wet out.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Sounds like you need to get your daily driver tune reburned. Shouldn't be less power than stock. The 3 daily driver tunes I had were about 1/2 way between stock & extreme going by SOTP, definitely more power than my tow & heavy tow programs. On the dyno my daily driver program was 350 hp and the tow 305. Tony will take care of it.....

·
d-man
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya i might have to send it off to him and have him look at it cause when i switch from stock to daily it falls on its face and i cant even gain any speed at all. both my extreme and daily will light my 35's up, its amazing how much power those two tunes have over stock

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
you mean street? you were talking about how daily didn't have any powah....My street doesn't really kick in till 2000 RPMS but then I'm gone

·
d-man
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my bad, ya i meant my street and extreme. sorry about that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts