Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time user and first time 7.3 owner. So I bought a ‘97 f250 7.3/E4od with a demolited transmission, the case broke off the motor and just left the bell housing bolts and some little bits and pieces of the bellhousing. I pulled that tranny and put another E4od in with a BTS valve body. I have everything plugged back in just the way it was before I pulled it apart and the motor shows no sign of trying to crank. I have 11.9v to the batteries and I can jump the starter with a screwdriver over the relay. I checked all the fuses and I had no power to my ignition switch. Turns out the metal retainers that grip the fuse are gone and the fuse just sits in the slot very loosely, so I wrapped the fuse in some tin foil to get a connection (if anyone has advice on how to replace the retainers it’d be appreciated). I now have power to that fuse and the motor still won’t crank when I turn the key, I replaced the neutral safety switch with the switch on the old tranny that was known to be good. This isn’t my 5th OBS but first PSD so I’m stumped, any advice is appreciated, thanks guys.

·
7,979 Posts
11.9 volts is almost dead batteries. they should be closer to 13 - 13.5 volts fully charged

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
11.9 volts is almost dead batteries. they should be closer to 13 - 13.5 volts fully charged
Ok, I haven’t tried charging or jumping them. If I can bridge the terminals on the starter relay and it turns the motor easily shouldn’t it atleast try to crank when I turn the key?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts