Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed a pioneer double din...took dash bezel completely off...
i unplugged passanger on off switch as well...if this why airbag light is on...
i disconnect batteries for an hour and hooked them back up and still on..only way i can turn it off is by snap-on solus pro?:confused:

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
IDK??
I did the same install with no issues you must have compromised the Airbag circuit some how?

·
Pilot
26 Posts
Did you plug the on/off switch back in? I am sure having that unplugged with trip a bag light.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its back in..but i started truck to see if everything worked right before i put the bezel back on. maybe thats what set a code

·
Registered
32 Posts
yea its back in..but i started truck to see if everything worked right before i put the bezel back on. maybe thats what set a code
that will do it bud

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
mine did the same thing, ended up being a clock spring. does the air bag flash in a sequence when you start it up? count how many times it flashes and post back, that should give you some idea what is wrong.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
flashes...7..then 2 times...no codes for 72...a code for 27 i found. and its the passanger airbag on off swicth faulty

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
try this.... its to fix a ford ranger, but the systems should be similar.

link: 1998 Ford Ranger Air Bag Code 27 Ranger | Courier - Car Questions, Answers, and Discussion

instructions:
gerg,

Thanks for your post. I have no way to read codes, but I heard the five tone alarm every time I started the vehicle and the passenger air bag off light did not light up. I was skeptical, but tried your advice and it worked.

Parts:
1) 12-volt colored lamp (Radio Shack part: 272-1099)

Tools:
1) socket set
2) philips head screw driver
3) soldering iron

Procedure:
1) remove ash tray from console panel
2) using a socket set, remove 4 hex head screws from console panel
3) pull console panel out of the two clips
4) remove connector from air bag key module in console panel and take console panel to a work bench
5) remove 2 philips head screws to remove the airbag key module
6) carefully unclip the plastic tabs that hold the airbag key module case together
7) remove connector circuit board from air bag key module
8) solder the yellow replacement lamp to the two solder pads for the original lamp on the back side of the circuit board (which wire to which pad does not matter)
9) tie the replacement lamp in place next to the original lamp
10) replace the circuit board in the airbag key module and snap the case back together
11) connect the airbag key module in the truck and start the engine to check that the lamp illuminates and that the alarm does not sound
12) screw the aribag key module back into the console panel
13) snap the console panel back into the truck
14) replace the 4 hex head screws
15) replace the ash tray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts