Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres how it all went down.. The pressure sensor and bank 3 the last egt sensor both broke. I got the new pipe in and tryed starting the truck with the EGT unhooked and the tube broke on the pressure sensor so it wasnt hooked up to the pipe. The truck fired up and a bunch of plastic blow out of my exhaust like someone put a bag in there??? I think most came out. But I shut the truck of within 20 seconds after that. I went to fire it up again and the truck wont crank at all. I got P2420 code egt circuit high, thats from it being unpluged im sure. Also getting a OBD full test not complete . When i started the truck I was running the 150hp DPF On tune not thinking about the DPF on part... I switched back to stock tune with no DPF and truck still keeps popping up that p2420 code as soons i turn the key on and not allowing the truck to crank. Any helps appreciated , This sucks Got my wheels and leveling kit on and now truck wont start... Thanks guys for any advise... I have the two sensors on order for this week.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
do you have all the connections plugged? if not do so broken or not. clear all the CELs and try turning the truck on again
the fact that the sensors arent plugged in is what triggers the codes right away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I did have the rear egt sensor unplugged, When it fired up the first time. Then when I went to restart it thats when nothing happend and I checked for codes and got that. I then plugged in the broken sensor and just let it hang but still got the code. Dose that sensor use the exhaust for a ground or somthing? is there a reset process the pc needs to go through?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there all plugged in now and soons I turn the key on after clearing the codes they pop right back up. its sensor 1 bank 3 if I can remember

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just reflashed it to stock with dpf off, the pessure sensor is broke were the tube go's to the exhaust, and the rear egt sensor is broke right befofre the nut that go's into the exhaust. Everytime I cleared the code it would pop right back up.. Would this cuase the truck to stop running? I know if them sensors detect real high heat and pressure they will shut the truck down till there fixed right?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
ok, so the sensors that are broke is the sensor closest to the down pipe (which would be in the cat) and the egt, are they bent or totally hosed?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no the sensor broke is the one farthest from the engine, its the rear egt sensor. The rear egt sensor snapped in half the black part that go;s into the exhaust broke in half along with the nut... The pressure sensor broke at the sensor the black plasitc tube with hose on it..

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
well the farthest from the engine isnt really important but im sure a code will go on, but the other one...ouch
hopefully someone else can chime in

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its the DPF pressure sensor thats broke and the rear egt sensor infront of the muffler

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im on alldata now trying to figure somthings out.. this blows man, I was syked to get this stuff on... dang

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The diesel particulate filter pressure sensor is an input to the PCM and is used to measure the pressure before the diesel particulate filter. The sensor is a differential-type sensor that is referenced to atmospheric pressure. At key ON, engine OFF the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor pressure value reads 0 kPa (0 psi) . The range of the sensor is 0-80 kPa (0-11.6 psi) .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tryed stock no dpf and when it actually started it was on 150 dpf on

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
naw i dont think, I do have the bracket just laying there. it dosnt have to be grounded dose it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey man I really appreciate everyones help.. I might go jump the starter and get my truck home to wash it up. Big thanks to BFT for helping and thanks to rudys performance for calling me up with a deffenite answer. makes me feel better about my truck knowing whats up... thanks guys.. Your both on my speed dial lol ... Ill get a video of the truck soons I get it done..

·
Registered
8 Posts
you will have to put the truck back to stock and then retune it,
this happened to me last week when i traded my 08 in, i put my truck back to stock but i wasnt finished with the pipe before i started it (#3 egt sesnor wasnt plugged in) i started the truck after the stock flash was in it it fired up fine. finished the job and was going to take it back to the dealer and pick up my new 2010 S/D the truck wouldent start, i loaded my 210 again when it was finished the truck fired back up, then i loaded stock and it was fine, took it back to the dealer.
how much is the #3 egt sensor i want a spare for my delete pipe so i dont break them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts