Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I installed 230/80% hybrids and just got my chip back yesterday. The truck idles like crap both with and without the chip in. It is rough and lopey, but no smoke coming from the exhaust. Drove the truck to work and back today (about 75 miles) to clear the air out of the HPO system and nothing has changed.
AE shows a P0266 - Injector #2 cylinder contribution/balance fault during the contribution test. Change rotational velocities are close to 0 for all cylinders but #2, which is about 3%.
Also, the truck is doggy in the low RPMs and wont go anywhere in the lower tunes and then about 1400 RPM it takes off.
Other than that, the truck runs like a bat outta hell
Any ideas?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No CEL and its still plugged in because it passes the buzz test

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Tuning, tuning, tuning.
Seems 50%/50% success with single shots in Super Duties from what I have seen.
I know there are tons of guys that have done it, but I talk with people all the time that clear it up with modified tuning.
??
Well, that would be the easy solution, anyway.
Good luck.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Do you have the injectors seated properly? Pull the valve covers and run a straight edge on them and see if they are all the same.

Could be in injector issue but Cass is really good at what he does.

Could be tuning also.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im pretty sure the injectors are seated properly. I heard them all bottom out in the cups when I tapped them in and then I torqued the hold-down, tapped them some more and then retorqued the hold-down.
I guess I will talk to my tuner first and then if the CCT problem persists, go under the covers and swap #2.
If I swap two injectors, do they both get new o-ring sets even if the o-rings were changed before I put them in the first time?
Thanks for all your help guys

Kevin

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
No, as long as they still look good, they will be OK.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Tuning, tuning, tuning.
Seems 50%/50% success with single shots in Super Duties from what I have seen.
I know there are tons of guys that have done it, but I talk with people all the time that clear it up with modified tuning.
??
Well, that would be the easy solution, anyway.
Good luck.
:whs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts